2017~2024 Backup Camera Issue (Frozen Image)

clads01

:
2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray
Had a weird issue this morning where the image on the backup camera was frozen. First noticed something strange while driving -- when I would turn the screen display off, what seemed to be the last image displayed by the backup camera would flash briefly before the screen went off. Then, upon putting the car in reverse again after getting to work, only that static image would show up on the display, not an actual feed from the camera. The static image that showed was essentially the last image from the backup camera when leaving for work, before I switched from reverse to drive.

Will investigate further after work today, and maybe do a factory reset, but wondering if anyone else has experienced similar ...

The rear camera lens easily gets wet. Just a few rains and those droplets would stick to the lenses making it difficult to see the images in reverse.

Had a weird issue this morning where the image on the backup camera was frozen. First noticed something strange while driving -- when I would turn the screen display off, what seemed to be the last image displayed by the backup camera would flash briefly before the screen went off. Then, upon putting the car in reverse again after getting to work, only that static image would show up on the display, not an actual feed from the camera. The static image that showed was essentially the last image from the backup camera when leaving for work, before I switched from reverse to drive.

Will investigate further after work today, and maybe do a factory reset, but wondering if anyone else has experienced similar ...

Sounds like a possible MZD connect issue. If it does it again, record the image with your phone and get your dealer to look at it

The rear camera lens easily gets wet. Just a few rains and those droplets would stick to the lenses making it difficult to see the images in reverse.

The image was not difficult to see at all, it was just the wrong image. Static image of where I was backing up first thing in the morning.

UPDATE: All seemed to be working properly after work (without factory reset), so not sure what happened. Now I really wish I took a video of the situation when it occurred. Temporary gremlin in the system, I guess? Just hope it doesn't come back ...

What version software do you have? The latest updates address certain camera issues.

glad it fixed itself, hopefully it was just a glitch.....

found this online, thought it was funny, smart-a$$ kid pranked his dad.....

tes-s | January 15, 2017
I had a similar problem - I put it in reverse, and there was my son staring at me! I turned around, and he was not there, so drove to work. Picture stayed the same - reboot didn't do anything. At work, I checked and there was a picture of him taped over the camera....

Back