Cloth seats and stains in 2014 cx5

Mharris

:
Toyota
I'm on a budget and really want the GT because of the leather but Tourings are a much better deal. I have 2 kids 8 and 13, and worried anout cloth getting stained etc. how is the cloth material and how easy is it to get stains out and keep clean. Why does leather have to be so much?

My cloth has held up well. After 4 1/2 years I do now have some stains on one of my seats that needs attention. I will be cleaning that up and report back!

Last edited:
buy some the Scotchgard spray and treat the seats. And keep food or drink out of the car with traveling with kids.

And then read the thread about upgrading the headlights (STUPID AD) to what the GT has.

Get the GT. He wishes he did! (LINK)

Oh, and aren't your kids getting to the "not spilling crap" stage?!?

Last edited:
I have only dealt with the black cloth interiors on the CX-5's we have had. No problems with stains here.

The Touring/GRAND touring vehicle differences are not just about the leather... there are lots of other differences. Not to mention the actual firmness, the bolsters and the construction is different between the touring and Grand touring seats.

If leather was VERY important, but budget even MORE important, an option could be to get the touring, and have the leather seat covers fitted later.

KATZKIN leather seat covers are very popular, and I have yet to hear a bad word against them. I also just checked ebay, and there is a complete set of another brand of covers for $550.

Last edited:
Your best bet is some sort of fabric/upholstery cleaner and some sort of fine bristle brush

Scotchguard can work wonders. The cloth driver and passenger armrests on my 2013 Touring (prior to the switch to pleather) were donstantly getting soiled so after 3 years of cleaning them I sprayed the crap out of them with Scotchguard. Since then, all I ever have to do is wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth and they look like new.

Back