Bye to my CX-9 2016

The tilt would help but it's more than that and i'm sure not going to spend money on it.

Besides the usual infotainment slowness, glitches, cold weather rebooting, occassional black screen, not connecting to phones for media and corrupting USB memory sticks plugged into it.
The speed reading in the HUD is stuck quite often at 37 KM/h, the display screen will show a full screen display of the back up sensors and not the back up camera.
Interior door lock button have refused to unlock doors. Twice during the winter when I've started the car and gotten out to scrape the windows it's auto locked on me and disabled the key fob in my pocket.

It's fine for driving around town or constant speed on the highway but if you try and push the pace I find the transmission too sluggish and lurchy and the brakes and suspension too soft with it listing and wallowing in corners.

The glitches aside, it's not a terrible vehicle but it's just never struck a cord with me. My wife enjoys driving it so I'm more than happy to let her drive out the rest of it's lease.

Most of those issues haven't been reported before. Sorry for the bad luck.

Curious as to what you're used to driving. Must be a sports car, sports sedan, or something. The CX-9 is the firmest and sportiest in it's segment. Some have complained it's too firm, you're saying it's too soft. Go figure.
Perhaps the only SUV that might suite you is a Porsche. Mazda obviously had to side on comfort as it is a family cruiser first.

The Mazda dealership here has been great and I really like the service dept and they've tried hard to figure out some of the issues. They really worked with me and went above and beyond when its engine wouldn't heat up even after half an hour of driving in -20c weather. I think I would have froze if not for the heated seats, lol.

JPL, I've placed a factory order for a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport to replace it. Not sure what the reliability is going to be like but wow does it drive.

The Mazda dealership here has been great and I really like the service dept and they've tried hard to figure out some of the issues. They really worked with me and went above and beyond when its engine wouldn't heat up even after half an hour of driving in -20c weather. I think I would have froze if not for the heated seats, lol.

JPL, I've placed a factory order for a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport to replace it. Not sure what the reliability is going to be like but wow does it drive.

Interesting. You're now the first one with a heat issue too.

Just keep in mind that you'll have much more issues with an Alpha Romeo than a any Mazda. Not to give you any regret, but Mazda is among the more reliable brands, Alpha among the worst. Hopefully these new models will be better.

Interesting. You're now the first one with a heat issue too.

Just keep in mind that you'll have much more issues with an Alpha Romeo than a any Mazda. Not to give you any regret, but Mazda is among the more reliable brands, Alpha among the worst. Hopefully these new models will be better.

I know right...

at least he realized that if he wants a sporty car, that the SUV market is the last place to look.

Well my Mazda CX-9 has had it's share of issues so I'm willing to take a chance on something far more exciting to drive. If you go by the 2017 JD power ratings, Mazda does very poorly and is rated 6th from last.
The people that I know that have the cars all like them and have had no real issues so far. We'll see.

Worst case I've got a car, sports car, suv and a motorcycle I can drive while it's in the shop. haha.

Thing is, the Stelvio is a crossover. One with no space.

funny how he complained that the CX-9 is not reliable and then buys an alfa. go figure.

the interior of this alfa looks to be lifted straight from a Mazda.

Life's too short for boring vehicles. It's an emotional purchase, I just love driving it.

If you ever get the chance to drive one, please do. I'd enjoy hearing your opinions if you can be objective and realize that most people's decision on it's quality and reliability are based on the last time the brand was sold in North America which was 30 years ago. Other than some initial teething problems (expected with new model) which was corrected with software, everyone that drives one that I've talked to absolutely loves it.

Cheers!

Life's too short for boring vehicles. It's an emotional purchase, I just love driving it.

If you ever get the chance to drive one, please do. I'd enjoy hearing your opinions if you can be objective and realize that most people's decision on it's quality and reliability are based on the last time the brand was sold in North America which was 30 years ago. Other than some initial teething problems (expected with new model) which was corrected with software, everyone that drives one that I've talked to absolutely loves it.

Cheers!

if you enjoy driving, you would want a sedan.

our mazda 6's wheelbase is longer then a cx-5 resulting in lots of space, yet it corners planted and is very stable on the highway.

if you enjoy driving, you would want a sedan.

our mazda 6's wheelbase is longer then a cx-5 resulting in lots of space, yet it corners planted and is very stable on the highway.

I concur, I just find a SUV easier to get in and out of with my arthritis. The little extra height makes a difference especially with sport seats.

I concur, I just find a SUV easier to get in and out of with my arthritis. The little extra height makes a difference especially with sport seats.

Did you also consider the Porsche Macan and Jaguar F-Pace in this segment? They're in the same price range, Macan more so at base level - it can get really up there. Not criticizing your choice but there's some interesting choices there. And Porsche is on top in the reliability dept. too, surprisingly. And tremendous resale value.

Did you also consider the Porsche Macan and Jaguar F-Pace in this segment? They're in the same price range, Macan more so at base level - it can get really up there. Not criticizing your choice but there's some interesting choices there. And Porsche is on top in the reliability dept. too, surprisingly. And tremendous resale value.

Porsche Panamera... :)

They both drive excellent. I was very close to buying the Jaguar but the service at the dealership was extremely poor and my salesperson disappeared. I could never get pricing or options despite sending him my build sheet from the website and following up. I love Porsche and have a Boxster S already, I just thought I'd try something different. Once you start with the option boxes Porsche pricing starts getting a little nuts.

Back