Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Bye to my CX-9 2016

  1. #16
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    30
    Most of your comments echo my own thoughts, thugzy. My wifes Civic is going to our son turning 16 so mercifully she is going to take the CX-9, otherwise I was going to return it back to Mazda early.
    My fault for looking at a "sporty" SUV, it just isn't as capable as I want and the constant bugs and glitches and terrible seat support makes me no longer want to drive it.

    Next.

  2. #17
    Registered Member

    2017 Mazda6 Touring

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Or a V8 Durango! Durango's are actually very good vehicles. It's a RDW platform and a 6,200 lb tow rating.
    Agreed. And the 6,200 lb tow rating is for the V-6. With the V-8 it's 7,400 lbs. Blows away the 5,000 lb rating of most other crossovers. Could've easily met his towing needs and spent a lot less than he did on the F-150 Lariat.

  3. #18
    Registered Member

    -------

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
    Most of your comments echo my own thoughts, thugzy. My wifes Civic is going to our son turning 16 so mercifully she is going to take the CX-9, otherwise I was going to return it back to Mazda early.
    My fault for looking at a "sporty" SUV, it just isn't as capable as I want and the constant bugs and glitches and terrible seat support makes me no longer want to drive it.

    Next.
    You could order a 2018 seat assembly (probably no need for whole new seat, just mechanicals) if it bothers you that much. It now has full tilt control.

    What glitches other than infotainment?

    Also, what do you mean not as capable as you'd like?

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    30
    The tilt would help but it's more than that and i'm sure not going to spend money on it.

    Besides the usual infotainment slowness, glitches, cold weather rebooting, occassional black screen, not connecting to phones for media and corrupting USB memory sticks plugged into it.
    The speed reading in the HUD is stuck quite often at 37 KM/h, the display screen will show a full screen display of the back up sensors and not the back up camera.
    Interior door lock button have refused to unlock doors. Twice during the winter when I've started the car and gotten out to scrape the windows it's auto locked on me and disabled the key fob in my pocket.

    It's fine for driving around town or constant speed on the highway but if you try and push the pace I find the transmission too sluggish and lurchy and the brakes and suspension too soft with it listing and wallowing in corners.

    The glitches aside, it's not a terrible vehicle but it's just never struck a cord with me. My wife enjoys driving it so I'm more than happy to let her drive out the rest of it's lease.

  5. #20
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
    The tilt would help but it's more than that and i'm sure not going to spend money on it.

    Besides the usual infotainment slowness, glitches, cold weather rebooting, occassional black screen, not connecting to phones for media and corrupting USB memory sticks plugged into it.
    The speed reading in the HUD is stuck quite often at 37 KM/h, the display screen will show a full screen display of the back up sensors and not the back up camera.
    Interior door lock button have refused to unlock doors. Twice during the winter when I've started the car and gotten out to scrape the windows it's auto locked on me and disabled the key fob in my pocket.

    It's fine for driving around town or constant speed on the highway but if you try and push the pace I find the transmission too sluggish and lurchy and the brakes and suspension too soft with it listing and wallowing in corners.

    The glitches aside, it's not a terrible vehicle but it's just never struck a cord with me. My wife enjoys driving it so I'm more than happy to let her drive out the rest of it's lease.
    Seems like hit or miss with Mazda. Some are problematic while others are completely trouble free. Personally, my 2015 Mazda 6 has been a pleasure to own and not one thing has went wrong with it. Currently at 85k km.

    You live in Calgary? Canada’s shell 91 contains no ethanol, and it makes a big difference over ethanol blended fuels. You are using 91 octane fuel, correct? If not I strongly recommend you try a tank of shell and compare the results after 400km (when the ECU adapts to the new fuel) and see how it is then.

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    -------

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
    The tilt would help but it's more than that and i'm sure not going to spend money on it.

    Besides the usual infotainment slowness, glitches, cold weather rebooting, occassional black screen, not connecting to phones for media and corrupting USB memory sticks plugged into it.
    The speed reading in the HUD is stuck quite often at 37 KM/h, the display screen will show a full screen display of the back up sensors and not the back up camera.
    Interior door lock button have refused to unlock doors. Twice during the winter when I've started the car and gotten out to scrape the windows it's auto locked on me and disabled the key fob in my pocket.

    It's fine for driving around town or constant speed on the highway but if you try and push the pace I find the transmission too sluggish and lurchy and the brakes and suspension too soft with it listing and wallowing in corners.

    The glitches aside, it's not a terrible vehicle but it's just never struck a cord with me. My wife enjoys driving it so I'm more than happy to let her drive out the rest of it's lease.

    Most of those issues haven't been reported before. Sorry for the bad luck.

    Curious as to what you're used to driving. Must be a sports car, sports sedan, or something. The CX-9 is the firmest and sportiest in it's segment. Some have complained it's too firm, you're saying it's too soft. Go figure.
    Perhaps the only SUV that might suite you is a Porsche. Mazda obviously had to side on comfort as it is a family cruiser first.

  7. #22
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    30
    The Mazda dealership here has been great and I really like the service dept and they've tried hard to figure out some of the issues. They really worked with me and went above and beyond when its engine wouldn't heat up even after half an hour of driving in -20c weather. I think I would have froze if not for the heated seats, lol.

    JPL, I've placed a factory order for a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport to replace it. Not sure what the reliability is going to be like but wow does it drive.

  8. #23
    Registered Member

    -------

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
    The Mazda dealership here has been great and I really like the service dept and they've tried hard to figure out some of the issues. They really worked with me and went above and beyond when its engine wouldn't heat up even after half an hour of driving in -20c weather. I think I would have froze if not for the heated seats, lol.

    JPL, I've placed a factory order for a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport to replace it. Not sure what the reliability is going to be like but wow does it drive.
    Interesting. You're now the first one with a heat issue too.

    Just keep in mind that you'll have much more issues with an Alpha Romeo than a any Mazda. Not to give you any regret, but Mazda is among the more reliable brands, Alpha among the worst. Hopefully these new models will be better.

  9. #24
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Interesting. You're now the first one with a heat issue too.

    Just keep in mind that you'll have much more issues with an Alpha Romeo than a any Mazda. Not to give you any regret, but Mazda is among the more reliable brands, Alpha among the worst. Hopefully these new models will be better.
    I know right...

    at least he realized that if he wants a sporty car, that the SUV market is the last place to look.

  10. #25
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    30
    Well my Mazda CX-9 has had it's share of issues so I'm willing to take a chance on something far more exciting to drive. If you go by the 2017 JD power ratings, Mazda does very poorly and is rated 6th from last.
    The people that I know that have the cars all like them and have had no real issues so far. We'll see.

    Worst case I've got a car, sports car, suv and a motorcycle I can drive while it's in the shop. haha.

  11. #26
    Registered Member

    -------

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ-Molestor View Post
    I know right...

    at least he realized that if he wants a sporty car, that the SUV market is the last place to look.
    Thing is, the Stelvio is a crossover. One with no space.

  12. #27
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Thing is, the Stelvio is a crossover. One with no space.
    funny how he complained that the CX-9 is not reliable and then buys an alfa. go figure.

    the interior of this alfa looks to be lifted straight from a Mazda.

  13. #28
    Registered Member

    CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    16
    lol a Stelvio and the guy is complaining about the reliability of the CX-9. Good luck with that.

  14. #29
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    30
    Life's too short for boring vehicles. It's an emotional purchase, I just love driving it.

    If you ever get the chance to drive one, please do. I'd enjoy hearing your opinions if you can be objective and realize that most people's decision on it's quality and reliability are based on the last time the brand was sold in North America which was 30 years ago. Other than some initial teething problems (expected with new model) which was corrected with software, everyone that drives one that I've talked to absolutely loves it.

    Cheers!

  15. #30
    BMW & Mazda Enthusiast

    2011 BMW 528i & 2015 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDan View Post
    Life's too short for boring vehicles. It's an emotional purchase, I just love driving it.

    If you ever get the chance to drive one, please do. I'd enjoy hearing your opinions if you can be objective and realize that most people's decision on it's quality and reliability are based on the last time the brand was sold in North America which was 30 years ago. Other than some initial teething problems (expected with new model) which was corrected with software, everyone that drives one that I've talked to absolutely loves it.

    Cheers!
    if you enjoy driving, you would want a sedan.

    our mazda 6's wheelbase is longer then a cx-5 resulting in lots of space, yet it corners planted and is very stable on the highway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 06:01 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 08:41 PM
  3. 2016.5 v. 2016 Grand Touring
    By RobDMB in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 01:29 AM
  4. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 01:21 AM
  5. 2016 CX-5 AWD or FWD vs. 2016 Mazda3 5-door s GT
    By olliedawg in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •