Mazda fog lights

House01

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege, Black
I have an agreement with a dealer on a 2017 red/black touring manual and plan to close the deal tomorrow. I would like to have them install fog lights and it looks like there are conventional and led options. Can anyone speak to the differences? I lean toward led, but I also want them to match the color temp of the other lights.
Thanks!

I have an agreement with a dealer on a 2017 red/black touring manual and plan to close the deal tomorrow. I would like to have them install fog lights and it looks like there are conventional and led options. Can anyone speak to the differences? I lean toward led, but I also want them to match the color temp of the other lights.
Thanks!

LED is brighter for one thing. If your headlights are LED, I'd suggest getting LED fog lights to match

LED is brighter for one thing. If your headlights are LED, I'd suggest getting LED fog lights to match

I believe the standard headlights on the touring in the USA are halogen, so I'll probably stick to the halogen fogs to match.

Two more questions on fog lights.

I'm realizing that the 2016 refresh had a much greater impact on the front of the Grand Touring and not so much if any on the sport and touring. For a 2017 touring, do the dealer installed fog lights include the bright work on the top and one side like the 2016+ GT, or are they just like the 2014-15 fog lights, or can you choose? I'll ask the dealer, but thought someone her might know.

Also, where is the control for the fog lights on a touring when you have the dealer add it on? Is there a blank that gets replaced with a switch?

Thanks!

Back