Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 661 to 672 of 672

Thread: 2017 CX-5 Soul Red Crystal Metallic

  1. #661
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium Pkg

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhillmc View Post
    Of course, the Mazda dealership where I work isn't going to be Mazda anymore come Monday and there is no way to get a warranty claim started by then
    Initiate the request through Mazda USA. See post #125 in this thread for a link to the online form. That's what I did for my 2017 with SRCM paint, and they got back to me within a day or two. Obviously, you'll have to take it to a different Mazda dealer for the inspection.

  2. #662
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by gobroncos View Post
    Initiate the request through Mazda USA. See post #125 in this thread for a link to the online form. That's what I did for my 2017 with SRCM paint, and they got back to me within a day or two. Obviously, you'll have to take it to a different Mazda dealer for the inspection.
    Quoting the post for ease of reference:

    Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    I was recently contacted by a representative from Mazda, who's been working with me since I filed my complaint back in November about my paint chipping. She said that she's received numerous complaints from people with similar issues, and it's now being escalated to their engineering team. I strongly encourage anyone that's having this issue to go to Mazda's website, and file a complaint. The only way this will get resolved is if enough of our voices are heard. Going to the dealership is not useful, they will not report these issues to Mazda corporate.

    1) go to www.mymazda.com
    2) Scroll to bottom of screen and click on "contact us"
    3) Fill out the form, and explain the issue you're having with the paint chips.

  3. #663
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    173
    Just a quick update on my situation (sadly, for anyone that cares ). I got my car back on Nov 1 after a partial repaint. The new paint had defects. Dealer recommended we wait until Spring (i.e. warm weather) to do 2nd repaint. I just this week agreed to do so. However, I did reach out to the dealer's owner (who owns many brand dealerships in the area) a couple weeks ago to discuss a trade-in deal. They made me an offer that I had to refuse, as I wasn't going to go substantially further into debt on a new CX-5 just to end this headache. I didn't expect Mazda Corp. to bend over backwards to appease me.

  4. #664
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPete View Post
    Just a quick update on my situation (sadly, for anyone that cares ). I got my car back on Nov 1 after a partial repaint. The new paint had defects. Dealer recommended we wait until Spring (i.e. warm weather) to do 2nd repaint. I just this week agreed to do so. However, I did reach out to the dealer's owner (who owns many brand dealerships in the area) a couple weeks ago to discuss a trade-in deal. They made me an offer that I had to refuse, as I wasn't going to go substantially further into debt on a new CX-5 just to end this headache. I didn't expect Mazda Corp. to bend over backwards to appease me.
    Seems a little odd for the dealership to want to wait for warm weather. I had some minor paint work done by a dealer in the dead of winter, and it came out perfectly.

    Weird.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  5. #665
    Registered Member Kaps's Avatar
    Donated: $15

    CX-5 Touring 2016.5

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Lewisville North Dallas Suburb
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Seems a little odd for the dealership to want to wait for warm weather. I had some minor paint work done by a dealer in the dead of winter, and it came out perfectly.

    Weird.
    Its a strategy called "will eventually get bored and go away"
    With busier people this is a good strategy. I doubt I would be buying another Mazda anytime soon. Not enough value and just above Mitsubishi in mpg#s is poor. The new 6 does 24/33 non turbo. A 4spd Corolla did slightly better in 2013.

  6. #666
    Banned

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Its a strategy called "will eventually get bored and go away"
    With busier people this is a good strategy. I doubt I would be buying another Mazda anytime soon.
    This. Sad, but true.

  7. #667
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    31
    There is a link early in this thread to Mazda customer service. Enter an inquiry and they will get in touch and refer you to a dealer.

    Make an appointment with the dealer and plan on leaving your car (remove ALL personal property). The factory will be in touch with the dealer and will have a loaner car for you. They will take a few days so they can take photos of the chips, and get authorization from Mazda to send it to a body shop for estimates. Typically Mazda spends a week or two grinding the body shop down on their quote, and only when that is done to they ask or your authorization to repaint the effected areas.

    My car had issues on most of it's panels and it is SCR, so it took months to repaint (including multiple repaints along the way).

    PRO TIP: Make sure you like the loaner car they offer you as you might be in it awhile.

    Before meeting with the service manager, look closely at all panels, and take pictures of all with any issues. My front passenger door had a bunch of chips in areas you would not expect problems. And the edges of all the doors showed a lot of chips. The problem is the tinted color coat not adhering to the primer coats so problems can show up anywhere.

  8. #668
    Registered Member DubbuD's Avatar

    2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Paradise, NL, Canada
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGrassGy View Post
    Before meeting with the service manager, look closely at all panels, and take pictures of all with any issues. My front passenger door had a bunch of chips in areas you would not expect problems. And the edges of all the doors showed a lot of chips. The problem is the tinted color coat not adhering to the primer coats so problems can show up anywhere.
    That describes my machine, plus a lot more showing up on the hood now and some on the driver side doors. But Mazda and their body shop swear it's "rock chips" showing up in clusters inside my door handles and elsewhere. I've just decided to live with it and when the thing rusts out I'll buy something else that isn't a Mazda. I plan on keeping it till it falls apart anyway, so not like I care much for trade-in value. Shame tho, cause the car otherwise has held up well so far for the past 35k km. Haven't had a single other issue, but they refuse to acknowledge this one, so no more new Mazdas for me.

    I'll probably go back to Hyundai/Kia tbh, Hyundai has treated me well in just about every issue I've had with any of their vehicles. And I've had some big ones with the coupe I had. Even though it was tuned and outside factory spec, they replaced the motor, and the gearbox in it on separate ocassions. That's why I went back for the Genesis Sedan; no hassle customer service. Only reason I had to go with another brand was due to bank reasons. Was still technically paying out the Genesis when I had to buy another car, even though it was totalled, and their bank wouldn't approve the second car due to the situation at the time. Mazda approved me no questions asked at their standard rate, and the CX-5 drives better than anything else in the segment, hands down; plus the great Canadian warranty they have. Although I'm beginning to questions how that might turn out if I do have any issues down the road, since they aren't too eager to warranty this paint issue.
    Last edited by DubbuD; 01-14-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Current:
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

    Past:
    2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 AWD Tech Package (Scrap )
    2005 Toyota Echo Sedan (Sold)
    2004 Ford F-150 Triton FX-4 Crew Cab (Sold)
    2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t Premium (Sold)
    2005 Honda Civic DX (Sold)
    1999 Honda Civic SE (Sold)

  9. #669
    Registered Member

    2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    554
    haven't had a chance to go through ALL the pages,
    but has everyone with an issue signed this petition yet?
    https://www.change.org/p/mazda-cx-5-...recall-is-need

  10. #670
    Structural Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    State of Jefferson - southern Oregon
    Posts
    2,068
    Can anyone tell me the first model year that had soul red crystal metallic paint?
    I saw a KE in a parking lot today, and it had a few chips, just like mine.

  11. #671
    Resident Curmudgeon brillo54's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Soul Red/Parchment

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    426
    2016 had Soul Red but no Crystal (I have one). 2017 was the first year for SRC.

  12. #672
    Structural Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    State of Jefferson - southern Oregon
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by brillo54 View Post
    2016 had Soul Red but no Crystal (I have one). 2017 was the first year for SRC.
    Do you have any chips?

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Similar Threads

  1. Touch Up Paint for Soul Red Crystal
    By cmorgan92 in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-28-2018, 03:09 PM
  2. 2017 CX-5 Soul Red Crystal scratches
    By Salsaphile1 in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 01:24 PM
  3. Soul Red Crystal or Machine Grey
    By Biers in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 10:53 PM
  4. The talent of Soul Red Crystal.......
    By Anchorman in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 06:55 PM
  5. Repainting Soul Red Metallic after an accident
    By gk26 in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 09:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •