2017+ CX-5 front and rear bumper trim

:
2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.
I just ordered these off med center mazda on ebay. I'm curious to see if anyone else has these installed? I'm not really sure what the purpose of these trims are other than for looks, but I do like how they look. Gives the black plastic bumper some contrast.

36694760594_17ede4dd20_b.jpg

36733745783_322da8915d_b.jpg

When you receive them can you confirm the material they’re made of? They may help out those people that like pulling over the curb when they park �� lol. I do like the look of them though. I personally think the GY should of came with those.

When you receive them can you confirm the material they’re made of? They may help out those people that like pulling over the curb when they park �� lol. I do like the look of them though. I personally think the GY should of came with those.

Yeah I'll keep this post updated, I should be getting it end of next week.

ha. I have them sitting in my garage....
I read the manuals. I just have not found the time to actually do them...
They are made of plastics, of course.
Some metal attachments.
Installation seems simple enough. Likely, can be done in 30mins.
Some drilling required on the bumpers.

Mine should be arriving Friday and I'll get it installed this weekend if my buddy is free.

If you don't like them, you can buy flat plastic plugs to insert into the holes. That is what they do for cars that get drilled for front license plate and then live in a state that does not require front plate like PA. If they need to be colored like the color of car, paint with touchup paint after install.

Just got it put on today, ended up just going to a local shop to get it installed. Overall I like how it looks on white, especially from far away, it just makes the front and rear look a bit more complete in a sense.

37300808000_e8efd5f976_b.jpg

36848581554_ac68c33a15_b.jpg

I found time to put them on today.
1 hr at most. Need drilling.
No pictures needed I guess. Plenty of them above.

Last edited:
Just got it put on today, ended up just going to a local shop to get it installed. Overall I like how it looks on white, especially from far away, it just makes the front and rear look a bit more complete in a sense.

37300808000_e8efd5f976_b.jpg

36848581554_ac68c33a15_b.jpg
Are these made out of painted plastic?
Also, am I looking at the correct cost of these? $600-$700 for the set?!

Cost was just a little over $500, bought from med mazda's ebay store. They're painted plastic, they look better in person, especially the front.

Cost was just a little over $500, bought from med mazda's ebay store. They're painted plastic, they look better in person, especially the front.
I like the look these give to the CX-5. Just hard to justify the cost. I'm also a little peeved that Mazda didn't include them on US AWD models to better differentiate them.

Looks beautiful. It's absolutely annoying though that Mazda did not include these on the Grand touring trim or at least for those of us that spent more money to get all wheel drive.

After putting the roof rails on and cross bars along with some other goodies... I might get the front and rear trim and wrap it in gray to color match or I'll just leave it in it's chrome color.

It's not really chrome color, it's more like silver instead. I wouldn't have gotten it if it was chrome. But yeah I wish it was included on the top trim levels like on some other makes.

Personally i like the rear better then the front. The front worries me as something even lower to catch on a parking stop or steep drive way transition.

Back