I hate to be that person...

16481298-AA20-4862-8BC6-5501CACE10F6.jpeg
No, take it to dealer ASAP to confirm software. Some earlier bluetooth modules cannot be upgraded to latest version and must be physically replaced.

Its definitely the old software version,I checked it the other night. Ive been trying to work with Mazda Hands Free and they want to give me a work order for the USB. Theyre totally ignoring the TSB and the idea that the software and module need to be updated.

Theyre also telling me they have no information about a software update for the car (per their last email),but did give me a ticket number.

The dealership is over an hour away, so before I take a day off work I want to make sure were on the same page and theyre going to fix the problem. Hopefully I will get somewhere with the dealership. I think the responses from Mazda are kind of bizarre since everyone seemed to have the best luck dealing with them first.

Attachments

• 7A4812C3-D2E6-4DC6-8F85-3309FF465F99.jpeg
    7A4812C3-D2E6-4DC6-8F85-3309FF465F99.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
View attachment 217566

It’s definitely the old software version,I checked it the other night. I’ve been trying to work with Mazda Hands Free and they want to give me a work order for the USB. They’re totally ignoring the TSB and the idea that the software and module need to be updated.

They’re also telling me they have no information about a software update for the car (per their last email),but did give me a ticket number.

The dealership is over an hour away, so before I take a day off work I want to make sure we’re on the same page and they’re going to fix the problem. Hopefully I will get somewhere with the dealership. I think the responses from Mazda are kind of bizarre since everyone seemed to have the best luck dealing with them first.

Call the dealership and ask service person if they are aware of the TSB (SB09-008-15 (link in first post at https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ight=usb+fixed)). I never went through Mazda connect; once TSB came out I showed copy to dealership and they ordered part and replaced under warranty.

This is from the "How to use USB mode" of the manual for the 2017 CX-5 GT we just got yesterday:
This unit does not support a USB 3.0 device. In addition, other devices may not be
supported depending on the model or OS version.
USB devices formatted to FAT32 are supported (USB devices formatted to other formats
such as NTFS are not supported).

Maybe this is the cause of the errors with a 3.0 stick.

This is from the "How to use USB mode" of the manual for the 2017 CX-5 GT we just got yesterday:
This unit does not support a USB 3.0 device. In addition, other devices may not be
supported depending on the model or OS version.
USB devices formatted to FAT32 are supported (USB devices formatted to other formats
such as NTFS are not supported).

Maybe this is the cause of the errors with a 3.0 stick.

Please note OP has a 2014 CX-5, so his stereo system is different from yours.

Latest posts

Back