Towing possible with 2.5L and manual transmission? Mixed information out there...

solarguy

:
2018 mazda 5 sport
My '04 jetta tdi is about to roll over a quarter of a million miles and she's starting to show her age.

My wife drives a '16 Mazda 3 and we both like it a lot.

I tow a lot with the VW, so I would be in trouble if I couldn't tow a modest trailer and 800 or maybe 1,000 pounds.

I know you can buy a hitch, but that doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

I have established that a number of Mazdas used to be approved for towing, and there were also towing upgrades.

What's the consensus? Allowed by Mazda or not?

And allowed or not, is it a good idea? I think one source in the UK said it was approved by UK Mazda.

What is the consensus?

thanks,

If it's any help - the current UK brochure states towing capacity for the 2.0 petrol with manual tranny is 715kg unbraked, and 1800kg braked. (1576lbs and 3968lbs respectively, according to a google conversion).

in that case, the 2.5L will be well suited to hauling stuff.

the manual mazda 6 has shorter highway gearing which will be helpful if you are hauling stuff on the highway.

in that case, the 2.5L will be well suited to hauling stuff.

the manual mazda 6 has shorter highway gearing which will be helpful if you are hauling stuff on the highway.

I have a 2017 Mazda 6 2.5 Manual. I'm in the USA, but my user manual also references Canada and Mexico in places, so it may be for all of North America. For trailer towing it says:
"Your Mazda is not designed for towing. Never tow a trailer with your Mazda."

I have a 2017 Mazda 6 2.5 Manual. I'm in the USA, but my user manual also references Canada and Mexico in places, so it may be for all of North America. For trailer towing it says:
"Your Mazda is not designed for towing. Never tow a trailer with your Mazda."

What was done to the CX-5 that makes it suitable for towing?

Back