Huge Discount For 2017 Mazda 6

hell, even the sedan offers a good amount of passenger/trunk space though.

I love wagons. Tried to talk the wife into looking at the Alltrack when we were looking at the CX-5.

People who buy CUVs do not cross-shop them against conventional 3-box sedans. No matter how good the sedan. 5 door hatches maybe, but not sedans.

actually people do. i much prefer sedans but there are so few awd sedans out there that i picked up a cx-5 to hold me over until someone other than subaru comes out with a good awd sedan. my dealer said the 2019 mazda 6 will offer awd, but im not holding my breath.

I love wagons. Tried to talk the wife into looking at the Alltrack when we were looking at the CX-5.

That Alltrack is a sharp vehicle but be prepared for costly maintenance. Some get good service from their V-Dubs. Others visit the shop very often. It’s a lottery. Those are assembled in Mexico btw.

That Alltrack is a sharp vehicle but be prepared for costly maintenance. Some get good service from their V-Dubs. Others visit the shop very often. Its a lottery. Those are assembled in Mexico btw.

This is the case with all German cars. With that being said, Id rather take my chances with a real German luxury car rsther then a fancied up Volkswagen. Love their chassis tuning, pretty decent drivetrain tuning, cars look good and are built well, but full fledged luxury cars should be RWD.

Last edited:
actually people do. i much prefer sedans but there are so few awd sedans out there that i picked up a cx-5 to hold me over until someone other than subaru comes out with a good awd sedan. my dealer said the 2019 mazda 6 will offer awd, but im not holding my breath.

In 2019 Mazda will offer
6 Wagon with AWD
An electric with rotary range extension - probably the size of MAzda 2 or 3 (mostly 3)
It will also offer future technologies like Apple Auto and Android Carplay.
It might pull off the CX5 diesel from the market because Sky X would give you same mpg / torque without diesel issues and will come out by 2020.
They may also add night lit window switches ( This last one is pure speculation - dont depend on it)

In 2019 Mazda will offer
6 Wagon with AWD
An electric with rotary range extension - probably the size of MAzda 2 or 3 (mostly 3)
It might pull off the CX5 diesel from the market because Sky X would give you same mpg / torque without diesel issues and will come out by 2020.
They may also add night lit window switches ( This last one is pure speculation - dont depend on it)

Yeah at this rate the Sky X would arrive to our shores before the diesel. Does the EPA have bias on imports vs domestics? Chevy Diesels and all.

Now a clean one's worth 10 grand!!

I sold my Porsche 914 2.0 for 1800 bucks back in the day. (drunk)

In 2019 Mazda will offer
6 Wagon with AWD

an awd mazda 6 with the turbo 2.5 would be perfect, i really dont want a wagon. if something like that comes out, ill give the wife my cx-5 and trade her crosstrek in.

I'll believe ANYthing rotary when I see it on a car in the dealership.

Mazda's been teasing us with new rotary technology for years. The range extender looks promising, but yeah....what about the Apex seals? They're the Achilles heal of the rotary and I haven't seen any mention of new ones when reading about this latest ...um... tech/thing.

I'll believe ANYthing rotary when I see it on a car in the dealership.

Mazda's been teasing us with new rotary technology for years. The range extender looks promising, but yeah....what about the Apex seals? They're the Achilles heal of the rotary and I haven't seen any mention of new ones when reading about this latest ...um... tech/thing.

I doubt they are focusing on rotaries right now. have you seen Mazda's sport vision concept? beautiful looking car, and I think it will have a rotary. they just arent focusing much on it as of right now.

an awd mazda 6 with the turbo 2.5 would be perfect, i really dont want a wagon. if something like that comes out, ill give the wife my cx-5 and trade her crosstrek in.

I think anyone thinking the 6 is going to get some massive upgrade in power is in for a disappointment. It's a low volume seller in a declining segment that would be competing with the newly released Accord and Camry, who already offer engines that exceed anything Mazda currently has. Giving it more power or AWD isn't going to make it competitive against an Accord or Camry. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they drop the 6 all together.

I think anyone thinking the 6 is going to get some massive upgrade in power is in for a disappointment. It's a low volume seller in a declining segment that would be competing with the newly released Accord and Camry, who already offer engines that exceed anything Mazda currently has. Giving it more power or AWD isn't going to make it competitive against an Accord or Camry. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they drop the 6 all together.

honestly though, I like fast cars but when it comes to real world driving, passing cars, going properly above the speed limit etc, I've never been left needing, or even wanting more power out of the 2.5L. the mazda 6 is really light, at 3200pounds or so, first gear is quite short and the whole transmission is brilliantly calibrated. the downshifts are rather snappy and the car gets up to speed pretty effortlessly for a 4 cylinder.

at full throttle yes, it honestly feels a little slow, and the gearing feels too long. but revving to 3-4K the car moves along quite briskly without needing to use much throttle at all. I find that the whole car is really well tuned together, and the car doesn't seem underpowered to me at all when i'm trying to get somewhere.

Everybody already knows that 85% of people shopping for mid size family sedans end up buying the base powerplant models.
It's always been that way.
The typical Camry/Accord buyer is not looking for a track car. They are looking for an appliance to get them to the grocery store.
The market for an appliance car with a honking engine under the hood is quite small.

Agreed, the Mazda 6 can't compete against the horsepower of say, a Camry V6, if that's what people are shopping for, but again, it's less than 15% of the market. That's what Mazda is missing out on.
Would the 2.5T be nice? Sure it would, but not having it in the 6 is not the main reason why it sells what it sells.

When I was shopping for my Altima replacement, I looked at the new Camry, and also the Avalon, among others.
I was interested in the V6. I like horsepower as much as the next guy.
When I test drove the 6, however, I didn't find myself wanting for more power.
I took a long drive in it, put it through it's paces. It wasn't your typical 5 minute spin around the dealership parking lot.
I found it more than adequate, especially compared to my current 2.5 Altima.

At the end of the day, I put a deposit down on a new Mazda 6 GT.
The car is at the dealership now, getting prepped, waiting for me when I get back.
I'm pretty antsy.

Latest posts

Back