Huge Discount For 2017 Mazda 6

The Mazda dealers are trying to clear their inventory of remaining Mazda 6 sedans, id take a look those of you looking for a good deal on a brand new car. They are more fun and quicker with lots of space and lower running costs then the CX-5. this car is quicker especially around corners and more stable especially on the highway with quicker more controlled suspension motion... just look at the trunk and back seat with your front seat properly adjusted and take a look, it is sufficient space for many of you CUV's owners.. it makes absolutely no sense to buy the heavier CUV without any sort of turbo engine upgrade. the 6 sedan muchs so much better use of the 2.5L NA in terms of performance and efficiency. we are getting consistently 30MPG in city/highway mix.

Well, I pulled the trigger this week on a Mazda 6 loaded GT. (I'm in Canada as well).
There are/were incentives from Mazda, no doubt.
Not sure what they are offering in the USA, or elsewhere for that matter, but up here there is a $3K cash discount, plus a winter tire voucher for up to $1,000.
I took the cash instead, as we don't need winter tires (we winter in Florida).
On top of that, I asked for, and got (with no hesitation), free accessories. Not cheap ones either.
I wanted tinted windows, rear spoiler, block heater, among other things. Got them all for free.
I also asked for body side moulding strips specific for the 6, colour matched, and got those at a discount, but not free. No problem.
I also played one dealership against another. The second dealer wasn't willing to give me the free stuff, so I moved on from them.
I don't think I could have done any better than that. I'd be surprised if anyone would come down any more from what I'm paying.
I don't have the car yet, as it has to be shipped in. I figure about two weeks.

As far as the CX-5, I test drove one of those as well, and I much preferred the 6.
It's just my wife and I now, so we really don't need an SUV/CUV.
The trunk in the 6 is huge BTW. Bigger than our Altima. More than enough space to haul our crap to Florida.

People who buy CUVs do not cross-shop them against conventional 3-box sedans. No matter how good the sedan. 5 door hatches maybe, but not sedans.

I cross shopped, test drove, rented, and researched the crap out of CUV's and sedans.
Guess what? I just bought the 6.

Once again starting a thread not related to the CX-5

That seems to be fairly common here.
Probably has something to do with activity levels.
The CX-5 forum seems to be the busiest and the most read of all the forums.
The Mazda 6 forum is dead compared to this one.

Well, I pulled the trigger this week on a Mazda 6 loaded GT. (I'm in Canada as well).
There are/were incentives from Mazda, no doubt.
Not sure what they are offering in the USA, or elsewhere for that matter, but up here there is a $3K cash discount, plus a winter tire voucher for up to $1,000.
I took the cash instead, as we don't need winter tires (we winter in Florida).
On top of that, I asked for, and got (with no hesitation), free accessories. Not cheap ones either.
I wanted tinted windows, rear spoiler, block heater, among other things. Got them all for free.
I also asked for body side moulding strips specific for the 6, colour matched, and got those at a discount, but not free. No problem.
I also played one dealership against another. The second dealer wasn't willing to give me the free stuff, so I moved on from them.
I don't think I could have done any better than that. I'd be surprised if anyone would come down any more from what I'm paying.
I don't have the car yet, as it has to be shipped in. I figure about two weeks.

As far as the CX-5, I test drove one of those as well, and I much preferred the 6.
It's just my wife and I now, so we really don't need an SUV/CUV.
The trunk in the 6 is huge BTW. Bigger than our Altima. More than enough space to haul our crap to Florida.

How is the Mazda?

When I went to bed last night I was in the CX-5 forum, now all of a sudden Im in the 6 forum. GJ, stop trespassing over here. If your going to talk 6, go on the blasted 6 forum and do it. If you think your going to talk CX -5 owners into owning one, youre crazy. Its a different car for a different market. And another thing, dont feel obliged to create subject matter with your name on it unless its relevant. Youre lucky that youve got Chris as a guardian angel otherwise youd be gone by now. Just recognise that you are getting on peoples nerves at times. Finally, Chris, I know GJ is never offensive but as a mod, you need to recognise that its irritating people because therell come a point where you get reported for failing to do your duty. This bloody thread needs moving.

That seems to be fairly common here.
Probably has something to do with activity levels.
The CX-5 forum seems to be the busiest and the most read of all the forums.
The Mazda 6 forum is dead compared to this one.
Due to low volume of the model and the fact that their owners won’t stick to their own forum.

When I went to bed last night I was in the CX-5 forum, now all of a sudden I’m in the 6 forum. GJ, stop trespassing over here. If your going to talk 6, go on the blasted 6 forum and do it. If you think your going to talk CX -5 owners into owning one, you’re crazy. It’s a different car for a different market. And another thing, don’t feel obliged to create subject matter with your name on it unless it’s relevant. You’re lucky that you’ve got Chris as a guardian angel otherwise you’d be gone by now. Just recognise that you are getting on people’s nerves at times. Finally, Chris, I know GJ is never offensive but as a mod, you need to recognise that it’s irritating people because there’ll come a point where you get reported for failing to do your duty. This bloody thread needs moving.

Honestly there have only been 2 QQ'ers on this thread. One guy who contributes a lot of smart alec remarks everywhere and little of anything else, and then yours. There also has been positive interest from other users; yet lo and behold you feel the need to complain about it. This thread was made 3 weeks ago. This is exactly what I mean when I'm talking about legitimate problems versus individuals trying to find any reason to disparage another user that they dislike for whatever reason. It's only irritating to you because you are harping on GJ about insignificant things.
I'm not his "guardian angel"; but I'm not going to kick/ban/infract a user just because someone wants to have an outburst at 1:20 am on a harmless 3 week old topic.
This is the LOUNGE area; unless you intend on going through every topic and pointing out where it should be and if it doesn't belong I'd appreciate reporting of legitimate problems and not personal quarreling.

Ironically, the reason I'm even here commenting is because another (active) member flagged your post as the issue.. not GJ's. Have you stopped to think that these types of posts are just as or more irritating than GJ posting this thread?? People get tried of seeing other users QQ'ing over nonsense, creating drama. I know I do, the last 1.5 year or so has really bought a change in poster demographic if I could put it that way.

Last edited:
In a day and age where manufacturers are squeezing every last ounce of efficiency from their cars, the sedan is a much more sensible choice over the crossover considering that interior space and overall cargo/trunk volume is within 11-12% of each other.

If you buy the 2.2L Diesel in a CX-5, totally understandable. If Mazda offered some sort of 2.5T in the CX-5 that was not offered in the mazda 6, even more understandable. But this is not the case! So tell me... why the hell are you Americans looking right past the slow selling 6 and buying a heavier car with the same powerplant just because everyone is convinced they need the extra space? I dont get what is it with you Americans and crossovers. If you fill your CX-5 to the brim with stuff and use that 11% difference in cargo volume all the time, I get it. But something tells me that not everyone who went with the CX-5 needed that extra 11% of space.

Considering that the Mazda 6 is faster and 9MPG more efficient on the highway then an awd CX-5 with the same engine, stops harder using the same brakes, corners better while being more stable, I dont get why you Americans cant at least give the damn Sedan a try before deciding that the CX-5 heavier slower less efficient is truly what you need.

The sedan market is dying. this isnt something we should just brush aside and let happen... sedans are a more sensible choice all while offering better performance and improving efficiency. Why does everyone always lose their s*** on this forum when i propose an idea different from what everyone is used to? Reminds me of 4 year olds, its just ridiculous You can buy a brand new Mazda 6 for a great deal now. go out there save yourself thousands of dollars in final sales price + lower running costs while helping out the brand with the dying sedan market. If my post isnt sensible/reasonable then I dont know what is!

If I was in market for a family sedan i would buy a 6 instead of my Camry now. But 6 volume is low in used as well. I had to drive to mesquite. Its almost a planet of its own.

I don’t understand why all the angst and pressure talk in buying the 6 instead of the CX-5? The “you Americans” part of that inflammatory speech tells me a lot about you. Why don’t we stick to CX-5 topics here instead of migrating sedans because of no audience?

I like the 6, but this American is 64 and prefers the higher ground clearance for getting in and out and the added space in the vertical plane is nice. Coming out of a 3 hatchback my head was on the ceiling unless the seat was reclined and the sunroof was open. Had a similar experience while sitting in the 6

I like the 6, but this American is 64 and prefers the higher ground clearance for getting in and out and the added space in the vertical plane is nice. Coming out of a 3 hatchback my head was on the ceiling unless the seat was reclined and the sunroof was open. Had a similar experience while sitting in the 6

Hmm thats fair. Im 62 and I have just about enough space to be comfortable. The one drawback about having electric adjustable seats is that they do not have as much adjustability as the manual seat. Manually in the lower trims, you can drop the seat all the way to the floor resulting in a better driving position.

I am thinking of just just mounting the seats directly to the floor especially on the passenger seat for a better driving position and more space.

In a day and age where manufacturers are squeezing every last ounce of efficiency from their cars, the sedan is a much more sensible choice over the crossover considering that interior space and overall cargo/trunk volume is within 11-12% of each other.

If you buy the 2.2L Diesel in a CX-5, totally understandable. If Mazda offered some sort of 2.5T in the CX-5 that was not offered in the mazda 6, even more understandable. But this is not the case! So tell me... why the hell are you Americans looking right past the slow selling 6 and buying a heavier car with the same powerplant just because everyone is convinced they need the extra space? I don’t get what is it with you Americans and crossovers. If you fill your CX-5 to the brim with stuff and use that 11% difference in cargo volume all the time, I get it. But something tells me that not everyone who went with the CX-5 needed that extra 11% of space.

Considering that the Mazda 6 is faster and 9MPG more efficient on the highway then an awd CX-5 with the same engine, stops harder using the same brakes, corners better while being more stable, I don’t get why you Americans can’t at least give the damn Sedan a try before deciding that the CX-5 heavier slower less efficient is truly what you need.

The sedan market is dying. this isn’t something we should just brush aside and let happen... sedans are a more sensible choice all while offering better performance and improving efficiency. Why does everyone always lose their s*** on this forum when i propose an idea different from what everyone is used to? Reminds me of 4 year olds, it’s just ridiculous You can buy a brand new Mazda 6 for a great deal now. go out there save yourself thousands of dollars in final sales price + lower running costs while helping out the brand with the dying sedan market. If my post isn’t sensible/reasonable then I don’t know what is!

I'd buy a 6 wagon (preferably with a stick, AWD and a diesel) in a heartbeat if they (or anyone) bothered to sell them here. A wife, two kids and a dog pretty much mean I need some sort of hatch/wagon/CUV to fit everyone.

Seems inhumane to shove my dog in a trunk GJ ;)

I'd buy a 6 wagon (preferably with a stick, AWD and a diesel) in a heartbeat if they (or anyone) bothered to sell them here. A wife, two kids and a dog pretty much mean I need some sort of hatch/wagon/CUV to fit everyone.

wife goes in the trunk. duh!

:D

I have one of each, a 2016 CX-5 GT and 2017 6 Touring and love em both (lol2)

- does the CX-5 feel significantly slower then the 6?

- how is the AWD system on the CX-5 in poor weather conditions?

- which car is more stable at high speed?

I know, I agree. Personally I find the back seat and trunk to be quite spacious even for the sedan, never had an issue with space and my family is big. The wagon is releastically the most space anyone, or the vast majority of consumers would ever need.

Apparently the CX-9 fills the market spot of the Mazda 6 wagon here in North America, and if you think about it thats kind of ridiculous. This CUV/SUV craze is getting way out of hand in North America.

Back