Huge Discount For 2017 Mazda 6

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
The Mazda dealers are trying to clear their inventory of remaining Mazda 6 sedans, id take a look those of you looking for a good deal on a brand new car. They are more fun and quicker with lots of space and lower running costs then the CX-5. this car is quicker especially around corners and more stable especially on the highway with quicker more controlled suspension motion... just look at the trunk and back seat with your front seat properly adjusted and take a look, it is sufficient space for many of you CUV's owners.. it makes absolutely no sense to buy the heavier CUV without any sort of turbo engine upgrade. the 6 sedan muchs so much better use of the 2.5L NA in terms of performance and efficiency. we are getting consistently 30MPG in city/highway mix.

2eg5eky.jpg

2i7v42w.jpg

nxj3hf.jpg

294qrf9.jpg

Last edited:
People who buy CUVs do not cross-shop them against conventional 3-box sedans. No matter how good the sedan. 5 door hatches maybe, but not sedans.

People who buy CUVs do not cross-shop them against conventional 3-box sedans. No matter how good the sedan. 5 door hatches maybe, but not sedans.

I totally understand that, but some people shopping a car just need a good deal on something that will last them a long time. I suggest all buyers simply use their judgement and determine whether they will genuinely be filling their crossover to the brim with stuff like bikes and huge family vacations or will a sedan actually be sufficient, because Im not going to lie this sedan has quite a ton of space even for our large family. 3 people fit in the back comfortably and we went for a 4 day vacation with the trunk full of stuff for a cottage including food and we never had an issue for space.

Some people would rather pay used car prices for a brand new car regardless whether its a sedan or crossover which is why Im bringing this deal to everyone attention.

Actually, I had originally thought about it back in 2014. The one thing I like about the 6 is that you can fold the seats down, open the trunk and slide a MTB in there. But I wanted the AWD ability and other stuff so I went with the CX-5.

Now, the main issue with the 6 is that it is too loud. They need to bring the sound reduction stuff to the 6 and stick the 2.5T in there.

Actually, I had originally thought about it back in 2014. The one thing I like about the 6 is that you can fold the seats down, open the trunk and slide a MTB in there. But I wanted the AWD ability and other stuff so I went with the CX-5.

Now, the main issue with the 6 is that it is too loud. They need to bring the sound reduction stuff to the 6 and stick the 2.5T in there.

If anything, I would assume that the Mazda 6 is slightly quieter and more aerodynamic then a CX-5 no? My suspicion is the higher performance Yokohama tires that Mazda uses on this low-mid level 17 rim which is honestly quite noisy on the highway so I think whatever OEM tires Mazda uses for the CX-5 help for a quieter ride. Other then that I dont have an issue with NVH, although the car could comfier seats. the chassis/suspension tuning is very refined and comfortable when driving over smooth pavement especially at highway speed, yet its always eager to dart about/maneuver at the slightest whirl of the wheel. Softer suspension with more travel has a Big impact on Steering response especially around low speed tight corners for the CX-5.

Many people have commented on the 2.5T and I agree, but it looks like Mazda has made it into uncharted territory where no one thought was possibly to venture making the supercharged HCCI engine. Im very impressed already with the torque output of the 2L so Im very curious to see what Mazda plans to do with their next 2.5L engine..

Ding, ding, ding.

If they sold the 6 wagon here.....

In my case it was between a Mazda6 or CX-5. We picked the CX-5 because the wife wanted the higher driving position. And we thought we needed the extra cargo space.

Ding, ding, ding.

If they sold the 6 wagon here.....

They did, and now they don't. I believe that's because they only offered it with the V6. When I bought my 2005 6i I would have preferred the wagon had it been available with the I4. But I couldn't swing the higher price at the time.

You're correct in that Americans are dumb for avoiding wagons. It's been that way for decades. But the formula can be cracked, although it's usually only the more well off that appreciate what a wagon brings to the table. Mercedes states it's their most affluent customers that buy their wagons.

Anywho- I see a decent number 6's on the road, but my dealer couldn't move the last few leftover models they had without a $6k discount.

Last edited:
In my case it was between a Mazda6 or CX-5. We picked the CX-5 because the wife wanted the higher driving position. And we thought we needed the extra cargo space.

We have 3 dogs, and we love going camping. Between that and our 500 ft driveway we prefer AWD and any additional ground clearance we can get. It's too bad cuz I do like me a good wagon.

We have 3 dogs, and we love going camping. Between that and our 500 ft driveway we prefer AWD and any additional ground clearance we can get. It's too bad cuz I do like me a good wagon.

You definitely need a bigger car. In our case, we only usually have a stroller in the back, that's it. We do occasionally get to use the extra cargo space of the CX-5, maybe 4-6 times a year only though. The one positive with the CX-5 is that it seems more appropriate to put a tow hitch on it to transport bikes, vs the Mazda6. Not saying it can't be done on the 6, I just feel like the CX-5 is better suited for it.

2 kids + dog. Also like camping though I think we'd probably manage without the ground clearance. I could survive without AWD but would prefer it.

Strangely, in other countries you can purchase an AWD, diesel 6 wagon with a manual transmission which basically my perfect car. I'd buy one yesterday.

With AWD I would be game.... toughest sell would be with the wife.

mazda6-wagon-22-skyactiv-d-review-2016-1.jpg

I think her parent's early '80s Mercury Zephry (Ford Fairmont) wagon left a bad impression... I'd have to call it a hatchback and not a wagon. :)

6 wagon is all over Europe. Saw tons of them, as well as CX-3's. cx-5's are relatively uncommon it seemed.

When I bought my CX-5 I was looking at the Mazda6 also. It came down to the size of the vehicles. The Mazda6 is 192.7" in length. The exact length of my garage. So had to go with the shorter CX-5

Back