Apple Carplay

dc1387

:
Mazda CX-9
Earlier this year Mazda announced that they were bringing Apple Car Play to current and future models soon. Anyone have any update or timeline on this?

It's never coming, but they keep lying to people telling them it is in order for them to keep selling cars.

Last edited:
Last time I went to the dealer they told me Aug / Sept of this year. Of course I didn't believe them. I have zero faith in Mazda and their software. That infotainment system alone will push me away to drive something else when the time comes. I recently started using the built in Pandora application and it sucks balls. Very buggy. Disconnects often and if say I pause and take a phone call, then it'll go into offline mode and it won't come out of it.

Last time I went to the dealer they told me Aug / Sept of this year. Of course I didn't believe them. I have zero faith in Mazda and their software. That infotainment system alone will push me away to drive something else when the time comes. I recently started using the built in Pandora application and it sucks balls. Very buggy. Disconnects often and if say I pause and take a phone call, then it'll go into offline mode and it won't come out of it.

Same for me.. last time a talked with the service manager she said looking at the fourth quarter of 2017.. Also Pandora is too buggy for me as well I can go about 2 songs or a commercial then it disconnects.

Yeah no kidding, the Mazda Connect system is garbage. You'd think they would realize this and just offer CarPlay/AA to their customers so they won't have to use it much but it's almost like they want to punish their customers by forcing them to use it. Then the icing on the cake is to continue to make up lies about when it's coming.

Take this with a grain of salt, but this was posted on Reddit yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda/comments/72grc1/apple_carplay/dnln1sv/

It's a screenshot of an email from someone with a mazdausa.com address estimating a June/July 2018 release for both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

This does look legit. I'm aware who "Z" is and he does field these questions, and the tone of his note was certainly authentic given what I know of him and the questions he receives. It also argues that there are a lot of people asking.

Back