Help me decide between CX-5 and Sportage

I actually found no difference in handling with its sister car the Tucson, I test drove the 182 diesel automatic, the Tucsons brakes also seem much keener than the CX-5.

Back in 2015 it was only the interior finish that fell behind the CX-5, the lack of discounts due to it being new, and I didn't like the oversized IMO wheel arch plastic protectors. Or the poor emissions and higher VED for the UK.
But I liked the 8" screen, and the full sized ALLOY spare wheel.

Tuscon gets regularly discounted here

Yeah, Hyundai always has deals on their Elantras and Tuscons here as well. Actually, Hyundai has a deal on just about everything they sell almost year round, unless a new model redesign literally just came out.

In 2015 Tucson was new in the UK, so not much of a discount, while I got over 4000 off my present cars sticker price, and a stonking trade in something like 1000 over what I expected.

I think Mazda at the time was concerned they would lose sales, and I'm sure the dealer had a number of sales to meet for its Mazda bonus. (bird)

In 2015 Tucson was new in the UK, so not much of a discount, while I got over 4000 off my present cars sticker price, and a stonking trade in something like 1000 over what I expected.

I think Mazda at the time was concerned they would lose sales, and I'm sure the dealer had a number of sales to meet for its Mazda bonus. (bird)

Hyundai is more aggressive here and hence willing to discount even when new models come out. They also not long after release special pack models. Seems they are more interested in being number 1.

Mazda can't compete due to their size.

I had my heart set on the Sportage.....until I test drove the CX 5. I felt the Mazda had a slight better grip and handling, certainly what they did with the '17 on reducing noise makes a big difference.
Regarding pickup and general fun to drive, CX 5 edges out for me as well. I got the GT and the radar assist cruise control is pretty awesome.

Honestly though, it will be your car so you have to love it. I would try to test drive on the same road or atleast a road that you drive over with your current car so you can get a feeling for a better or worse handling.

Good luck!

That is a common theme around here. I was leaning towards "x" and then drove the Mazda.

Back