Moving from Honda to a Mazda 5 minivan?

:
mazda
Never had a Mazda

Considering buying Mazda 5 2010 model has about 90k - is this a good investment - might go interstate on it up to 1k miles round trip.

How long this engine could last if u maintain well? What are common issues on engine or other stuff?

How durable are the trannys? Any other tips? Should I buy a Mazda 5 - what exceptions should I change coming from Honda?

Oh they’re great. You get a solid 95k miles till the engine blows up. The AC system sometimes blows fart smells but that was the power windows are for. If you get the sport model with a flex capacitor, you will really get moving faster than you would ever imagine.

[emoji6]

Last edited:
- You get a solid 95k miles till the engine blows up.
- The AC system sometimes blows fart smells
- If you get the sport model with a flex capacitor, you will really get moving faster than you would ever imagine.
[emoji6]

It means it has another 5k left before major expense
AC ....
- your 3rd comment unsure what u mean

They all are bad - how come u say "Oh they're" great

the engine in that car is solid, the transmission is meh. rest of the car falls short of what you may expect coming from Honda but it will be more fun to drive.

Its a Ford with a Mazda badge. If you can do basic maintenance, it'll last, like most cars today. I hate the component quality (low quality Ford suppliers) of this car but love the design and practicality of it...

I'm a huge Honda fan but their products in the last generation sucked too, but it seems they are getting their mojo back. Too bad we can't get Honda's MAV in the states. Engineering company > Car company.

Last edited:
Its a Ford with a Mazda badge. If you can do basic maintenance, it'll last, like most cars today. I hate the component quality (low quality Ford suppliers) of this car but love the design and practicality of it...

I'm a huge Honda fan but their products in the last generation sucked too, but it seems they are getting their mojo back. Too bad we can't get Honda's MAV in the states. Engineering company > Car company.

No its not, its actually the other way around. Many of fords vehicles have a chassis or engine sourced from Mazda.

Strongly recommend you educate yourself.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123861821-Brief-History-Of-Ford-Mazda-Partnership

He's right, about the 5 at least. Ford sold Japanese made the Mazda 5 in Asia with Ford badges on it. It's a big pic so I'll just link it.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe....jpg/800px-Ford_Ixion_01_China_2012-08-09.jpg
I was (still am) terribly disappointed the Grand C-max (or just C-Max overseas) never made it to US showroom... :( Their 7th seat is ridiculously trick! Makes Mazda's Karakuri system look amateurish.

We can all use some education but I'm ok on this. I know more than I care to admit and tinkered with the car enough to know what it is.
Perhaps it a matter of opinion but manufacturers/partnerships/suppliers are so intertwined, it is hard to draw a line to tell where/what it really is. I define them into 3 categories: design, build, component. The problem with this car is #3 (suppliers left the FoMoCo stamp on every freaking thing).

I was (still am) terribly disappointed the Grand C-max (or just C-Max overseas) never made it to US showroom... :( Their 7th seat is ridiculously trick! Makes Mazda's Karakuri system look amateurish.

We can all use some education but I'm ok on this. I know more than I care to admit and tinkered with the car enough to know what it is.
Perhaps it a matter of opinion but manufacturers/partnerships/suppliers are so intertwined, it is hard to draw a line to tell where/what it really is. I define them into 3 categories: design, build, component. The problem with this car is #3 (suppliers left the FoMoCo stamp on every freaking thing).

You havent tinkered with it enough to realize it aint a ford.

Some fomoco badges tacked on here and there sure as hell doesnt make it a ford design..

I definitely agree about the Hondas though. They seem to be making a little comeback. Screw that new transformer type r contraption, but other than that...
The pickup looks much better, the Accord coupe is a sleeper, and the NSX...yum

hijack.jpg

Sheeit.
If you buy a new Toyota truck and it goes 500K miles and then has a problem, you got a lemon. The Tocamaworld club is full of million mile trucks.

Toyota is more reliable and better built due to instilling Edwards Deming's principles of quality control, continuous improvement, and management principles.

No CVT for me though...
Fix it for you ;) Agree regarding CVTs but in theory it should be superior and hopeful it will get there -someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDu47czfwiI&list=WL&index=3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG_Pmt_Ny4&list=WL&index=4&t=4027s
https://blog.deming.org/2016/10/toyotas-management-history/

Dr. Deming is one of those great Americans that don't get enough recognition for his contributions (usa).

19thomas-600.jpg

no one derailment from me..

Back