OEM TPMS sensors on aftermarket wheels?

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
2 part question really...
Does anyone know if the OEM TPMS sensors be used in aftermarket wheels? My local Mazda dealer tells me there may be "fitment" issues. Not quite sure if this is true or if they just don't want to deal with this.

Secondly, IF OEM sensors can be used in aftermarket wheels, does anyone know if Mazda can re-program them for new tyre pressure readings?

Thanks for any info!

Oem tpms

No problem,
On my 2017 CX-5 KF i bought a set of aftermarket wheels Oxxo Vapor black 8.5J x 19" ( german brand )
The dealer mounted the OEM Mazda TPMS.
I only asked him to spray them black to match my black wheels.View attachment 217500View attachment 217501
Why the OEM TPMS ?
TPMS type TG1C 433 MHz aftermarket.

On my set winterwheels Dezent RE ( also german brand ) i go for aftermarket 433MHz

Gr. Karl

Last edited:
No problem,
On my 2017 CX-5 KF i bought a set of aftermarket wheels Oxxo Vapor black 8.5J x 19" ( german brand )
The dealer mounted the OEM Mazda TPMS.
I only asked him to spray them black to match my black wheels.View attachment 217500View attachment 217501
Why the OEM TPMS ?
TPMS type TG1C 433 MHz aftermarket.

On my set winterwheels Dezent RE ( also german brand ) i go for aftermarket 433MHz

Gr. Karl

Thanks for the info Karl. The issue is that the company I bought my wheels from uses a specific type of TPMS and their machine hasn't yet been updated with latest manufacturer codes to program the sensors. Hence they said I can either slap in the OEM's or wait for their machines to get latest updates with codes.

Problem is, going from a 19" to 20" wheel with a different size tire, the current OEM sensor would provide a false value so it would have to be re-programmed.

The ones that you mention here, did you have them programmed somewhere?

Again, thanks for the help!

Problem is, going from a 19" to 20" wheel with a different size tire, the current OEM sensor would provide a false value so it would have to be re-programmed.
The ones that you mention here, did you have them programmed somewhere?

The wheels on my car were the OEM 17" Mazda wheels, programmed at the dealership.
So the TPMS went from 17" to 19" i don't know if there is any difference when you go larger to the 20 inches.

I would like to see a picture from the mounted wheels !

Gr. Karl

Latest posts

Back