Pennzoil sale for DIY

GP 2004

:
2015 CX-5 GT AWD liquid silver
Amazon has a 5 qt. bottle of Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 motor oil on sale for $22.97 with a $3.33 instant coupon for Prime members (free shipping with Prime). Pennzoil has a $2 per qt. rebate going until the end of the year. Amazon does charge sales tax. That means a 5 qt. jug of oil should be less than $12 after rebate. Sales tax will vary from state to state. The rebate form is available on the Amazon web page. This seems to be a good price to me. What do you think?

Amazon has a 5 qt. bottle of Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 motor oil on sale for $22.97 with a $3.33 instant coupon for Prime members (free shipping with Prime). Pennzoil has a $2 per qt. rebate going until the end of the year. Amazon does charge sales tax. That means a 5 qt. jug of oil should be less than $12 after rebate. Sales tax will vary from state to state. The rebate form is available on the Amazon web page. This seems to be a good price to me. What do you think?

Excellent oil if used in 5w30 weight.

If youre going to specifically look for 0w20 oil, you may as well save your money and look for canola oil instead.

The service mngr at my Mazda dealer told me that the 60000 mi drive train warranty is voided by using anything other than 0W-20.

The service mngr at my Mazda dealer told me that the 60000 mi drive train warranty is voided by using anything other than 0W-20.

To play it safe, I would switch to 5w30 after the 60k mile warranty period is up. Consider:

In Australia, the owners manual specified the following specs:

5w40
10w30
10w40
10w50

Hell, even 5w30 is like water in comparison to what this engine could use, let alone 0w20. The oil weight should be proprortional to what sort of driving you do under what climate conditions. I use 5w30 year round here in Canada.

To play it safe, I would switch to 5w30 after the 60k mile warranty period is up. Consider:

In Australia, the owners manual specified the following specs:

5w40
10w30
10w40
10w50

Hell, even 5w30 is like water in comparison to what this engine could use, let alone 0w20. The oil weight should be proprortional to what sort of driving you do under what climate conditions. I use 5w30 year round here in Canada.
Play it safe?? If you made it to 60k on 0w-20 and everything is good, what difference do you think switching to 5w-30 is going to make at that point? I made it to over 70k on my 2014 CX5 on 0w-20 with no oil usage issues whatsoever.

Play it safe?? If you made it to 60k on 0w-20 and everything is good, what difference do you think switching to 5w-30 is going to make at that point? I made it to over 70k on my 2014 CX5 on 0w-20 with no oil usage issues whatsoever.

Just him on one of his oil tangents again.

Just him on one of his oil tangents again.

I know, usually ignore them, couldn't help myself this time...

To the OP, Pennzoil is an excellent choice, Walmart has similar pricing. Good discounts on Amazon. Just wish I could find a jug of the elusive Ultra in the stores...

Last edited:
Back