Would You Buy a GT Varaiant of the CX-9?

The title threw me off at first, because there's a Grand Touring trim level. To answer your question though, no I wouldn't. For that much money (and assuming I get to keep my current CX-9), I would buy a car that's already built for performance and has an established aftermarket. I like the way it drives, but a performance version doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If I could only have one vehicle, then I would consider it a bit more, but only if I didn't have to compromise on safety and convenience.

The title threw me off at first, because there's a Grand Touring trim level. To answer your question though, no I wouldn't. For that much money (and assuming I get to keep my current CX-9), I would buy a car that's already built for performance and has an established aftermarket. I like the way it drives, but a performance version doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If I could only have one vehicle, then I would consider it a bit more, but only if I didn't have to compromise on safety and convenience.

Yes, that's what I meant. The track versions would be built for such performance, yet be streetable for everyday driving and use. So, the current trim levels would continue on including the Signature and the new GT1 and GT2 level would be the high-perf offering. BMW, Volvo, Audi, Porsche - they all do the same thing. They each have their own high-perf version of the same lower performance trims. They just badge them differently and of course, tweak them for performance. Same vehicle, just ready made for the Track and still a good daily driver. You can take an X5 M straight to the track from the dealer and have fun. I think it would be nice to be able to do the same with a GT1 or GT2.

Back