MFactory broken is what im being told....

bruster4_5

:
mazdaspeed protege'
I was told today my dif is shot. i replaced it about 7 years ago and havent driven it anywhere close to as hard as I did before since then never even been to the track with it after replacement....guy say may be more wrong with tranny and said something about replacing it too but nothing has been disassembled.

Let us know once you pull it out, I would be surprised if the M Factory failed. Some type of internal failure due ot a mechanical defect is possible, but the case breaking like the stock diff is unlikely.

I went and picked up the car and dropped the tranny myself. so the guy did is take the battery out. tranny locked up on me trying to get it in the shop at work. now to decide if its worth fixing.

bearing exploded in the tranny. messed up gears and filled everything including the diff with shavings......so now I to decide to fix or not

Used transmissions are about $75 at my local junkyard. I would fix it if it were my car. Non running MSP is worth about $750, running MSP is worth $3-4k depending on condition and mods.

went by to the mechanic that took apart the tranny talked to him about the diff. and he said it seems to be fine and should clean up nicely. found a used tranny for 500. a little over an hour away

went by to the mechanic that took apart the tranny talked to him about the diff. and he said it seems to be fine and should clean up nicely. found a used tranny for 500. a little over an hour away
Nice, so what happened to the old trans. What actually broke on it to make you think the diff broke?

He said a bearing failed. Could have been a diff bearing or the main or secondary shaft bearings.

I would grab one from a junkyard. Tranmissions at the yards near me are about $100 and frequently go on sale for $75 and short blocks are about $125. $500 is way more than a used protege trans is worth. BTW the trans on the 2.0 pros are all basically the same, only difference is the LSD in the MSP which will obviously get replaced anyway with your MFactory. Some updates to shift forks were made for the 03 and 03.5 models, but those can also be swapped from your old trans.

He said a bearing failed. Could have been a diff bearing or the main or secondary shaft bearings.

I would grab one from a junkyard. Tranmissions at the yards near me are about $100 and frequently go on sale for $75 and short blocks are about $125. $500 is way more than a used protege trans is worth. BTW the trans on the 2.0 pros are all basically the same, only difference is the LSD in the MSP which will obviously get replaced anyway with your MFactory. Some updates to shift forks were made for the 03 and 03.5 models, but those can also be swapped from your old trans.

The closest transmission I can find is over 100 miles away. I'm not even going to worry about putting the MFactory back in. Probably going to list it forsale as well as the steedspeed mani I have never put on. And will probably sell the car after all is fixed.

The closest transmission I can find is over 100 miles away. I'm not even going to worry about putting the MFactory back in. Probably going to list it forsale as well as the steedspeed mani I have never put on. And will probably sell the car after all is fixed.

I have a spare trans sitting in my garage. I can't be sure how many miles is on it, but it does work. I'm located in MD, i could help you with a cheaper price and maybe meeting?

holy s***, i didn't realize Danville was 5.5 hours from me lol. i could greyhound it to you? Idk this seems like it might cost too much.

I have a spare trans sitting in my garage. I can't be sure how many miles is on it, but it does work. I'm located in MD, i could help you with a cheaper price and maybe meeting?

holy s***, i didn't realize Danville was 5.5 hours from me lol. i could greyhound it to you? Idk this seems like it might cost too much.
yeah it's gonna be a bit of a haul to ship it hahah

Back