Window Tint..

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi all!

So, I am really torn. I want to tint my windows (darkest I could go is 30% and it still illegal.) However, I have had all of my cars tinted, but its kind of nice NOT having to worry about cleaning the tint, and sdcratches showing up when I roll the windows up and down.

So, what do I do? Is it worth doing it for cosmetic reasons? Have any of you had issues with scratching, peeling, etc.?

Thanks much!

Jeff

This is the only vehicle I've ever had the front windows tinted on (35%) and I did it simply because it's too warm inside not to. Haven't had any problems like you describe. I just treat the two front windows like I treat all the rest.

Main reason for me tinting is to keep the car cool. I've also tinted my windshield with 70% and I've done that on all my cars, never had any issues with cops since it's so light. Yet it blocks a lot of heat (I'm using photosync tint). Right after getting my car it was in the upper 80's here and I would always crank up the a/c quite a bit and set the temperature at 60. With 35% tint on my side I only use it at the lower settings. I've not had scratches on my window tint on any of my vehicles, even when I had double layer tint.

Does anyone have a side view of their CX-5 with 35% tint on the front 2 windows?
A little lighter than the backs, but it does the job and the difference is noticeable only if you're looking for it.

Attachments

• H&R#2.jpg
    H&R#2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 243
  • H&R#1.jpg
    H&R#1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 225
I have always cleaned my front door windows, which are not factory tinted with Turtle Wax Ice, or some other detailer spray, rather than an alcohol/ammonia based window cleaner. There are also specific cleaners made for tinting, such as Eagle One's 20/20.

I have always cleaned my front door windows, which are not factory tinted with Turtle Wax Ice, or some other detailer spray, rather than an alcohol/ammonia based window cleaner. There are also specific cleaners made for tinting, such as Eagle One's 20/20.

Generally, the only no-no is alcohol based cleaners as it dissolves the adhesive if it gets behind the film.

A little lighter than the backs, but it does the job and the difference is noticeable only if you're looking for it.

Do you have any dead on side pictures - not angle? I just want to see the back vs. front right next to each other.

Do you have any dead on side pictures - not angle? I just want to see the back vs. front right next to each other.
That's all I've got. Try doing a search on this forum for window tints. I'm sure there are lots of other pics of 35% tint as it's pretty common.

I used ceramic tints by Huper though I think 3M is better. I also had the privacy windows tinted because it doesn't offer any protection from UV A&B.
9bb39e7fd6424d0990633cb4d31adc80.jpg

I used ceramic tints by Huper though I think 3M is better. I also had the privacy windows tinted because it doesn't offer any protection from UV A&B.
9bb39e7fd6424d0990633cb4d31adc80.jpg

Thanks much! I love that soul red color! If my last vehicle wasnt red, I would have totally gone with that!

Thanks much! I love that soul red color! If my last vehicle wasn’t red, I would have totally gone with that!
Thanks. And this is my first red vehicle so we named her "Tony" because the soul red crystal kinda resembles ironman red aka Tony Stark.

If your location is kinda hot, a good tint is a very wise investment. Check out those ceramic based tints. It's quite better than metallic (aluminum sputter) and dye based.

Hi,
I did the rear half of the car at factory percentage and I left front half untouched because NY State now require on the yearly inspection have windows checked, otherwise you do not pass!!

5ed7e806b0d36e60858d2845f2d98f1f.jpg
8d22c1ef1c29a98d13971e8e4cd10606.jpg

Here's my 35 up front and 20 over the factory tint up back

35609007866_e3e279a605_b.jpg

I have since added another layer of 50 over front to darken it up a bit, 35 is too light :(

30% Ceramic Wrapped Around

IMG_6730.jpg

I added Llumar ceramic film to my 2017... 30% on all side and rear windows, which darkened the existing privacy glass. I had a 90% film added to the windshield as well. All of it makes a huge difference in the hot Texas sun! I would never drive a car down here without some sort of tint, and after experiencing basic dyed film tint and the more expensive ceramic tint, the ceramic tint does seem to make the car cooler (granted, comparing two different cars, so not exactly apples to apples).

Back