2012+ Suspension Noise Questions

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
My 2012 has 110k miles on it of hard use. I've noticed that the rear end is feeling like it skips to the side when I go over bumps lately, as if I had a solid rear axle in a pickup. Also there's noise coming from the front end over uneven terrain. I can't tell if it's end links, sway bar bushings, the front struts, or what. Anyone else have similar issues and know solutions? I don't want to start replacing things only to replace good parts and not solve the problems.

My 2012 has 110k miles on it of hard use. I've noticed that the rear end is feeling like it skips to the side when I go over bumps lately, as if I had a solid rear axle in a pickup. Also there's noise coming from the front end over uneven terrain. I can't tell if it's end links, sway bar bushings, the front struts, or what. Anyone else have similar issues and know solutions? I don't want to start replacing things only to replace good parts and not solve the problems.

you need to have the suspension inspectd then. don't forget the strut mounts, those can also make sound.

From your description it sounds like FRONT Sway bar bushings failure, and a Rear shock blown or shock shaft bent.

You really will not be wasting any money by replacing the worn wear items on the suspension. Without physically looking at it, my general recommendation at your 110k mileage would be to replace rear shocks, front struts, and front and rear sway bar bushings.

If you want to be extra thorough, you can also do the strut mounts, the shock mounts and the end links. However, if money is tight, these items can sometimes last twice as long as the shocks, struts, and bushings.

My 2012 84K miles, is ONLY getting the front passenger side noise. I can't figure out why. Only over speed bumps or road undulations.

I decided to to push down on the car to see what is happening. Left side, when I push down on the car (bounce it on its shock), NO noise. Right side, when I push down on the car, I can replicate the "clunking noise."

From all the reading, it seems its the sway bar bushing, but I can't confirm, as I haven't tackled it yet. I will be interested to keep following.

Back