TC CX9 Bonnet protector - Smoke

:
2017 Mazda CX9 Azami
Hi all
Mazda Australia finally released a tinted bonnet protector last week.

Hopefully you guys will see it in the US soon
d72046189b0bf8d168e0a3184b617769.jpg

I have been looking for these in the States... why aren't these sold in America? Baffled....

How is it attached? I bought a chrome one on ebay but don't trust that the double sided tape will hold it in place.

How is it attached? I bought a chrome one on ebay but don't trust that the double sided tape will hold it in place.

Every one of these that I have seen have been held on with double sided tape. No worries.

What good are these?

I've had something similar on a different car, and it was no benefit at all.

What good are these?

I've had something similar on a different car, and it was no benefit at all.

I had one of these on my Jeep Cherokee and it really helped keep rocks/stones from marring the front hood area. Plus, it would direct the wind over the hood/windshield and I would actually see leaves and bugs go flying over the windshield. I would love to try one of these on my CX-9 but this is not currently being sold in the US. Not sure about Canada. [EDIT] And, my 2005 MDX has a ton of small paint chips along the front edge of the hood that I've had to touch up. Something like this bonnet/hood protector would have helped.

Last edited:
I have been looking for these in the States... why aren't these sold in America? Baffled....

ousilly1 and aka_, call Mazda USA or Canada, depending where you are, and ask them why these are not sold in the US. I've contacted Mazda USA, Mazda Australia, and even Mazda Japan, asking why these are not sold in the US/Canada. The answer is that each division controls the supply chain for that area, so just because a part is sold in Australia/New Zealand, that doesn't mean it will be sold somewhere else. If we want this sold in the US, we'll need to contact Mazda. In fact, contact Bianca at Mazda Customer Experience, 800 222.5500, Option 2, Extension 1107 and ask her why this is not sold in the US. Maybe she'll convey this up the chain and we can get these. :)

Back