Interior Dash Trim Removal 2017 CX-5

XYR03

:
2017 CX5, 2015 981S
I wasn't able to find a DIY for the removal so went ahead and did one while I was wrapping my trim. Very straight forward nothing too complicated here. If you are in the Charlotte NC area I can help with trim removal and vinyl wrapping if interested. Enjoy and happy modding.

*I am not responsible for any breaking of parts during the removal*

Last edited:
I wasn't able to find a DIY for the removal so went ahead and did one while I was wrapping my trim. Very straight forward nothing too complicated here. If you are in the Charlotte NC area I can help with trim removal and vinyl wrapping if interested. Enjoy and happy modding.

*I am not responsible for any breaking of parts during the removal*

Could you make a video or just guide me on how I can get to the CMU (module that is connected to the touchscreen). I want to install android auto on my car. Are the trim pieces connected to each other? Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm planning or replacing the center vents on my 2017 with the 2018 type open/close wheel. This will definitely help with the disassembly!

PDF attached to help
Looks like the pdf file from Anchorman? Yeah this pdf file definitely should be here with OPs great series of pictures!

Now I wish someone can do the same for Gen-1 CX-5 ⋯ ;)

I'm considering the removal of the dash panels to install the OEM LED Footwell LED Kit, but I've heard the dash gets all rattly after removing and replacing these panels. Was that your experience as well?

Hi Anchorman, do you mind me asking where you get access to these pdf instructions please? They are super helpful, is there a UK online portal/library? UK and Ire cars are practically identical …

I appreciated it Archorman , [emoji1317]

Step 6 is key, only pull the trim forward by the minimum amount necessary to detach the clips and lift the trim up off the clip in step 10. The rest of the clips are easily replaced if you break one … but that one is non-standard!

Anchorman,

By chance do you have access to and can you share the gen2 center console? I'd like to be able to route cables of the cell phones from the USB ports inside the armrest to the tray in front of the shifter rather than having exposed cables and/or having the phone(s) in either the arm rest of the cup holder (the latter blocking use of the cup holders for CUPS)...

Thanks!

Hi there .. I'm wondering if there's a break down of parts that are included in the door trim panel please?

In particular, the section that runs down the A pillar which seems like a separate panel compared to the rest of the door trim.

Regards,
Adam

Back