Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Woah is (or was) that your BG? If so, how is it that you've owned every other car make or model I've mentioned to you? I'm envious!
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms ■ Eibach Lowering Springs

Registered Member

lolmsp lolms3

BG gtx/gtr familiar/protege's are what started it all for me.

Registered Member

2001 Mazda SP20 323

That feel when the intercooler you've been saving up for weeks and was available last night, is no longer in stock

@Stud, I don't think it has an LSD but I haven't had the front up to have a look yet
    @Riot, I wish! That was a random image pulled off Google. They're still around over here but the proper GTX and GTR specs fetch crazy money now
    @323, I blame the Familia and the Pulsar GTiR for my obsession with small Japanese hatchbacks!

Registered Member STudMUffin1177's Avatar

Mazda protege5

Ah man I just saw that it's an auto there goes the lsd theory. The p5 started it all for me, I grew up helping my grandpa fix ancient rusty trucks and then got the wagon, it's been all rice ever since lol. Sorry about the intercooler man, that's some real crappy luck hopefully itll be back in stock soon. I need to see this thing start, I dont know how much longer I can wait for a supercharger kit 👍😂

Registered Member

2001 Mazda SP20 323

Luckily another supplier had an intercooler that was about the same size, still annoying having to split an order as it meant 4 separate trips to 2 courier depots to get parts and I'm still waiting for some stuff! But the good news is now I have an intercooler and some piping to join it all together.

450x185x65mm core with 2 1/2" ends, its probably a little small but all of the other options were either massive or horrendously expensive. This one fits really nicely just in front of the rad and has enough clearance to get a silicon joiner and an alloy tube around the rad on either side

I had to persuade the lower corners of the rad support with the ball peen but there's no cutting at all which is a major plus for the certification process here. I've mocked up the upper bracket and replaced the latch support with some 3mm alloy, it's super stiff and should work a treat. No steel crash bar means not much to hang the cooler from!

I'm aiming to keep the cold air box on the LH side, this is the current set up for the crossover piping, you can just see the supercharger intake underneath the power steering pump so it's a nice easy run. hopefully I can get a 12" slim fan where the stock one was but we'll see on that one. Wastegate and blow off valve setup is all going to hide in this corner as there's plenty of room and access to atmospheric intake and boosted pipes

My main concern at the moment is that half of the cooler sits behind the middle bar of the bumper, I considered leaning the cooler forwards but it was going to be a whole bunch more work for minimal gains. The plan at the moment is to make an air diverter from the lower grille opening up to the cooler and try to seal off the rad as much as possible, hopefully that'll force air through everything and keep it all nice and cool. Another thing I have to do is reposition the power steering cooler. Does anyone know if I can lop the ends off the stock one and run a rubber hose instead of a hard line? How much pressure do these things normally hold?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112