In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the p5nugget

Registered Member

lolmsp

the p5nugget

Hello. Starting a thread to keep track of maintenance, to do lists, and post photos. Picked up this P5 as a daily/backup car in November 2015 to replace a civic hatchback. Since I have a bunch of protege parts laying around, a p5 made sense. For now at least. The wife uses the p5 when her car is down for repair too so that's pretty cool.

Picked up this car with 185k on it. The engine was dusty but everything was intact. Most of the issues on the car were cosmetic. Driver fender appeared matte and dented up from a slight fender bender. Driver side sideskirt was hanging off. Corner of the front bumper right under the fog light was punched in. Headlights were cloudy and fog lights were missing. Interior was pretty neglected and missing rear speakers.

Maintenance:
    • 186,000 miles: installed deeza lower control arms
    • 191,000 miles: timing belt, water pump, accessory belts, thermostat
    • 195,500 miles: transmission gear oil changed
    • 197,730 miles: replaced rear passenger caliper, readjusted ebrake, bled brakes
    • 199,915 miles: replaced bad primary cat with manzo header. installed used primary (125k) and secondary o2 (59k) sensors
    • 199,950 miles: installed beck/arnley outer tie rods
    • 201,600 miles: new front struts
    • 202,700 miles: last oil change
    • 203,800 miles: all within 1 tank of gas, new strut mounts & bearings, driver side inner tie rod, driver side LCA, driver side hub & wheel bearing

Goodies:
    • OEM MSP headlights w/ H4 LEDs
    • Yellow fog overlays
    • MP3 short shifter & shift knob
    • MP3 ECU (borrowed from Gabe710)
    • Tein S-Tech springs
    • Manzo Header
    • DIY intake w/ cigar smoke limited edition
    • CR3 dress up washer kit
    • Generic antenna from eBay

To do list in no particular order:
    • paint rusty wiper arms
    • paint rear wing? clear coat is peeling
    Last edited by 323; 06-13-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    03 MSP, 03 P5

Registered Member

lolmsp

onto the pictures! old civic:

first pic!

got the fogs in and working.

getting the suspension goods

Last edited by 323; 01-22-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Pro5

Lookin' good!

Registered Member

lolmsp

This post is reserved for favorite photos

Last edited by 323; 06-13-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Pro5

Are you going to tint it yourself, or have a place do it? Our cars are easy.

Registered Member

lolmsp

Moved my post from 6-25-2016 to this post to clear up a post for just photos.

yesterday, i removed the tint from all windows except for the one on the rear hatch. the tint is faded so bad that it's pretty much clear. surprisingly, it didn't leave much adhesive behind when peeled. if there was residue, spraying soapy water and scraping it with a blade did the trick.

the passenger window left no adhesive behind.

the worst adhesive i had to deal with. again, it wasn't that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie chan View Post
    Are you going to tint it yourself, or have a place do it? Our cars are easy.
    most likely bringing it to a place to get it tinted. i've never done tinting before and don't trust myself. removed the rear hatch's tint yesterday and it left a crap ton of adhesive. had to hit it with some acetone to get it all off.
    Last edited by 323; 06-13-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Registered Member

lolmsp

replaced the HVAC control unit with a spare one i had laying around. no more flickering between speed changes and no more being stuck with fan speed 1 lol. i tossed that old unit in the garbage with the quickness. upon inspection, the very back of the switch where the harness plugs into was super loose and wobbly on the bad unit. was nice and tight on the spare. -thumbs up-

wasn't trying to be in this upper 90 degree weather this week with only fan speed one and no tint lol

'02.5 Mazda Protege5

Sup man! Nice pickup on that P5. Just saw you're in Va Beach too, awesome to see another local around! You ever go to Night Moves? There's always a couple P5's there and they're all black haha I'm the only one not lowered yet around here most shops want about $200 to do our cars. I took mine to Eclipse Auto tint over in Norfolk and they did a nice job. Comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty, wherever there's a Suntek installer. Excited to see what you do with it man

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

VA P5s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

lolmsp

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Cat View Post
    Sup man! Nice pickup on that P5. Just saw you're in Va Beach too, awesome to see another local around! You ever go to Night Moves? There's always a couple P5's there and they're all black haha I'm the only one not lowered yet around here most shops want about $200 to do our cars. I took mine to Eclipse Auto tint over in Norfolk and they did a nice job. Comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty, wherever there's a Suntek installer. Excited to see what you do with it man
    not going to do too much with it as it's the daily. i really need this tint and rear sway bar tho lol. i haven't been to night moves yet. it's time to lower your p5 man. what are you waiting for? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo12 View Post
    VA P5s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yessir!

in other news, got my floormats in.

Registered Member

lolmsp

from a month ago

Pro5

Who's the middle car?

Registered Member

lolmsp

Boston's p5. he doesn't come on the forums anymore but he's in the protege chill spot group on facebook.

Registered Member

lolmsp

road construction

Registered Member

lolmsp

fixed driver door rattle and installed rear door speakers.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast