Need Urgent Help:- Loud Clicking Noise, won't Start

aman1033

:
Mazda CX-5 Toruning 2013
Hi,
I have Mazda cx 5 2013
There is rapid clicking noise coming from Engine and which not allow me to start the car, even car is off, if i disconnect the battery then click noise stopped, but once i plugged battery in, Engine start making clicking noise again

and if i press start/stop button , I am able to start my car,

after couple of tries , I am able to start the car, but now i can not switch off, all other electronics radio light are off but , car keep running, can not switch off

Please Help me

Last edited:
Starter solenoid maybe? If the starter has it's own fuse pull it see if there's a change. Or, uh, bang it with a hammer, see if that does anything...

Last edited:
Have someone tap the starter with some sort of stick, preferably wooden (not too hard, but not lightly ether) while you try to start the car.

Look at the main fuse on your miltitap connected to the positive post om the battery. There are a couple of fuses in there, including a built in fuse that you cant replace if blown ( you hhave abe to buy a new multi tap if it is).

I unplugged Battery for whole night and plugged battery this morning , No More clicking noise, able to start and stop the car, But there is Check Engine sign, My wife took the car to dealer for Oil change and rest of thing and they charge $99 for diagnostic and told ABS problem, I am just WTF, I reexplained everything to them about clicking problem, they are checking again, Lets see

I unplugged Battery for whole night and plugged battery this morning , No More clicking noise, able to start and stop the car, But there is Check Engine sign, My wife took the car to dealer for Oil change and rest of thing and they charge $99 for diagnostic and told ABS problem, I am just WTF, I reexplained everything to them about clicking problem, they are checking again, Lets see

Are you still on your original battery on your 2013?
If so, you might just need a new battery.. cars do all sorts of funny things with a bad battery.

I Changed the battery 4 month before, I received the call and they said Ground cables under Bumper and asked me $450 to repair that and they said they are not sure if that could fix my problem, I spent $4k to buy stupid Canada first insurance with car , but they said the car was accidental before and bumper was removed before, so its not covered
Shocking this is that when i bought car dealer gave me car proof that car not accidental.

Do not know, its ground issue or something else, or dealer making Money from me by making me fool

I hate those stuff

I Changed the battery 4 month before, I received the call and they said Ground cables under Bumper and asked me $450 to repair that and they said they are not sure if that could fix my problem, I spent $4k to buy stupid Canada first insurance with car , but they said the car was accidental before and bumper was removed before, so its not covered
Shocking this is that when i bought car dealer gave me car proof that car not accidental.

Do not know, its ground issue or something else, or dealer making Money from me by making me fool

I hate those stuff

oh man, that really sucks! I wonder if you have any legal avenues you could peruse? I would certainly fight tooth and nail to at least get that 4k back, since they'll probably use the same excuse for future repairs anyway.

A ground problem could definitely cause your symptoms.

You might be able to get it patched up for cheaper than $450 at an independent mechanic.
The dealer probably wants to fix it the right way by replacing an entire wire harness or something.

Since the issue is intermittent, it can probably be fixed with some electrical tape or some wire splicing instead.

I got a similar issue with a Dodge Grand Caravan. The culprit was a relay for the dome lights.
I pulled the relay and no more problems.

I just came from Mazda Dealership and they kept my car and they said they found 21 obd code on first place and they able to remove 7 code, now 14-15 code remaining, they are sending those code to tech dept. , They said may be take up to one week to repair, wtf

I just came from Mazda Dealership and they kept my car and they said they found 21 obd code on first place and they able to remove 7 code, now 14-15 code remaining, they are sending those code to tech dept. , They said may be take up to one week to repair, wtf

Electrical issues can cause all kinds of thrown codes. The bad ground is not unreasonable

Yes, Now Mazda Dealer saying because it was accidental and can not claim money to First Canada insurance company about mechanical parts Problem , to fix my problem possible i have to pay close to $2k because of electric fault in car , and now I called My dealer where I bought the car, let them know they sold me accidental car without disclosed when they sold that too me, Car Proof is saying car has clean history, but car repaired from accident, and i did not know about that till yesterday. Now i am going to consumer Court to fill complaint about that. that Dealer didnt disclose accident.

So Finally, I got reply Back from My Dealer, I have to pay $440 to fix the ground cable under bumper becase they said my car was accidental before and last owner fixed the car very cheap way.
and 2nd big problem which Fuse and wire harness under door which they have to replace all bcz something going there which will cost me $4k because its 12 hour job and parts cost,
But luckily they sent email to Mazda and Mazda ready to cover everything under warranty,

Still unable to under where the problem and how all wire harness got damaged. No idea

Sounds like the harness might have been damaged in the accident?

It is also very common for rodent damage as well.

Back