Redemption

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
I am moving 26mi from work, and the rounds are winding and 45 to 65mph. I have been making frequent trips to and from the property doing work on it, and my cx5 has managed a combined 27mpg there and through town. It seems my drove finally mirrors epa type testing and my cx5 is performing as advertised, vs. The 22.5mpg combined I have gotten for the last 2 years living 2mi from work.

That should be great. Data from real world. I wish I could say the same for my diesel but due to our bad traffic situation here, it's close to impossible to get the 50mi/gal.

I am moving 26mi from work, and the rounds are winding and 45 to 65mph. I have been making frequent trips to and from the property doing work on it, and my cx5 has managed a combined 27mpg there and through town. It seems my drove finally mirrors epa type testing and my cx5 is performing as advertised, vs. The 22.5mpg combined I have gotten for the last 2 years living 2mi from work.

So you used to drive 90 mi / hr for a 2 mile drive. Like you reached office even before you selected your fav FM channel.

Cool deal Uno.

I didn't realize your previous drive was so close (or maybe I forgot). It all makes more sense now.

Living 2 miles away? Yup living that close to work will kill your mpg numbers. Here the whole forum thought you were crazy LOL. Your alright in my book Uno!!!

Living 2 miles away? Yup living that close to work will kill your mpg numbers. Here the whole forum thought you were crazy LOL. Your alright in my book Uno!!!

Yep fully agree.

You're not so crazy now Uno! (rofl)

Dude, if I worked 2 miles away from home, I would just ride a bike to work. That actually explains your dismal average MPG LOL.

Dude, if I worked 2 miles away from home, I would just ride a bike to work. That actually explains your dismal average MPG LOL.

And wasn't it an 80 mph zone too? I always knew his commute was terrible for his MPGs. But he also claimed he got crappy mileage on longer trips too... but they also usually consisted of faster posted highways.

Yep fully agree.

You're not so crazy now Uno! (rofl)

79f17cc94e36820bce86192ba127df1d7f54c723ab60a33ca8884288c867c77a.jpg
]

I have 24K miles on my CX-5 now. I took a ~200 mi round trip to enjoy the beaches, local scenery and pick peaches and apples in Michigan last weekend. I got 27 mpg combined highway, city and back roads. My CX-5 is doing better too. Maybe it needed to get broken in ????

And wasn't it an 80 mph zone too? I always knew his commute was terrible for his MPGs. But he also claimed he got crappy mileage on longer trips too... but they also usually consisted of faster posted highways.

The crappy mileage also comes from using cruise control.

lol honestly agree.

I always trip out everytime you you comment, because there is a street called finch ave near where I live lol.

I get 22MPG overtaking everyone and practically racing through traffic in my 6 cylinder BMW, so your old 2 mile trip sounded pretty intense I will admit.

How's your wife liking the ride? I know you said you're on the fence....

thx

She freaking loves it! It has satisfied just what she wanted so far...

Even with the things I see wrong with it,I have to admit,it's the best looking and overall car for the money. Anything I see I'd rather have as a replacement is just too expensive and nonsense to buy,even though we can afford it.

Who knows what the future holds,but will still probably be the first and only Mazda regardless...

So you used to drive 90 mi / hr for a 2 mile drive. Like you reached office even before you selected your fav FM channel.

No, at 90, it was doing about 15mpg, lol

As to time for the bad phone-link to happen, yeah, sometimes I did get to work before it would actually link to my phone.

I got around 27mpg on trips typically. Pretty bad, IMO, considering it was advertised to get 30, and NO other vehicle I have owned has failed to deliver on highway road-trips.

No, my current situation is just identical to the "game" Mazda is playing with EPA stuff, so I'm starting to get Mazda-acclaimed numbers.

lol honestly agree.

I always trip out everytime you you comment, because there is a street called finch ave near where I live lol.

I'd love to take a bike to work, but traffic...and I like that extra 10 minutes of sleep. Or staring mindlessly at this forum drinking coffee.

Back