Used 2016 CX-5 GT

Our 2015 (pre-turbo) averages 31 mpgs! dead serious. and the GF has a lead foot. The new city driving figures for the turbo engine we've seen are the pits... as you've noted.

Our 2015 (pre-turbo) averages 31 mpgs! dead serious. and the GF has a lead foot. The new city driving figures for the turbo engine we've seen are the pits... as you've noted.

In Honda world this is called breaking in. It takes about 30K miles, then its not broken in, its just that you forget as you fall in love with the world of plastic inside. Surprising there are no lawsuits or maybe there will be.

Mostly true. Averaged ~28.5 the first couple years. Now it has ~32k.

just don't touch or look at anything inside... you should be safe.

Not familiar with Android Auto. Can you actually use Waze with Android Auto? Meaning the Waze app would show up on the screen in the car? I know Apple Carplay restricts apps and so Waze isn't even supported.
Google restricts apps too but they added Waze recently.

Last edited:
apparently the button is too complicated for you. (naughty) its to the left of the screen, above the menu button.

2015-Honda-CR-V-Dash.jpg

Woahh, I thought we were talking CUVs in here, not mini vans (lol2)

apparently the button is too complicated for you. (naughty) its to the left of the screen, above the menu button.

Complicated for me? I've never driven a pre 17 CRV. I was only speaking of reviews that I've watched. Pretty much everyone says "and they brought a volume knob back *rejoice*". Apparently Honda owners hated the button.

Hello. I picked up the EX 2017 today. I must say I am impressed for sure. In comparison 2017 CX-5 I test drove definitely was more engaging on the road. That sport mode is so cool. The 2017 EX is definitely better than the 2016 EX in that department but I think the CX5 beats it as far as the "fun factor". I will say that I like the cloth interior on the EX over the leathertte on the touring CX-5. How knows how it will perform long term.

But honestly, the most impressive thing for "me" is the android auto. I am a tech head and the ability to tie my phone into the car experience is awesome. Waze works perfectly plus I am a podcast addict so my entire podcast library is available under pocket casts (which works well in android auto). Being able to talk to the car, get notifications, etc is really a deal breaker for me. I am hoping Mazda gets this in the car soon for you guys.

I will post back later if you are interested. It has only been 8 hours. lol.

Hello. I picked up the EX 2017 today. I must say I am impressed for sure. In comparison 2017 CX-5 I test drove definitely was more engaging on the road. That sport mode is so cool. The 2017 EX is definitely better than the 2016 EX in that department but I think the CX5 beats it as far as the "fun factor". I will say that I like the cloth interior on the EX over the leathertte on the touring CX-5. How knows how it will perform long term.

But honestly, the most impressive thing for "me" is the android auto. I am a tech head and the ability to tie my phone into the car experience is awesome. Waze works perfectly plus I am a podcast addict so my entire podcast library is available under pocket casts (which works well in android auto). Being able to talk to the car, get notifications, etc is really a deal breaker for me. I am hoping Mazda gets this in the car soon for you guys.

Nice! Sounds like you made the right choice.

Hello. I picked up the EX 2017 today. I must say I am impressed for sure.

Have you installed HondaLink app and tried it? Can you really see tire pressure readout and other vehicle info on your cell phone or on the infotainment screen via AA? How is the remote engine start function from your cell phone?

Hello. The Honda link app for android is useless (at least for the crv). I uninstalled it right away. Still checking out the infotainment system. There are some hiccups with AA specifically when using waze. But for the most part it is awesome.

Back