2017 Mazda 3 SE (GX) Keyless entry problem

nadzi

Hello Wondering if anyone may be able to help out with a problem I have been having with my 2017 Mazda3 SE (GX), I just got it about 4 months ago and ever since I got it I have been having a problem with the keyless entry. every time I want to lock the doors I have to be standing right beside the car otherwise it does not work. I thought it was the battery in the one remote so I switched to the other key fob and its even worse. I haven't replaced the batteries yet but I I cant believe the batteries would have been drained already. car was brand new still wrapped never test driven so the keys were never used prior to me picking up the car. is there any way to either boost the keyless entry signal or any other idea. its driving me crazy if someone can help me with this that would be Amazing!

The first thing I would've done would be to take it to the dealership, since it is well within the warranty period. You should not have to buy even a battery to resolve the issue. The dealership can swap out both the batteries and even remotes as part of their troubleshooting routine. My remotes just recently needed new batteries after 3 years of use. I believe I can lock the doors from at least 5-8 meters away from the car.

Back