How to install a dash cam on a 2017 mazda cx5

Well then the Euro model is different because my rear dashcam is wired to the rear power outlet and I can assure you it goes off.

Interesting! Wouldn't be surprised if it's a regional thing... though I haven't tried the trunk outlet so maybe that does too! The centre console isn't switched.

Hi Finch204, I ordered the wire,

I see this post here with 2 pictures.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...TODAY-ONLY-!&p=6420632&viewfull=1#post6420632

so I guess the red wire will go to the blue B and the black will go into black F correct?
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=212552&d=1448390822
Yes. If you look at post #58 in the link below, you can see more pictures of how it looks like when plugged into the harness.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...g-A-Dash-Cam&p=6484089&viewfull=1#post6484089

Any ideas on how to install this dash cam in a 16 GT w/ a homelink mirror? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/garmin...riving-recorder-black/5791502.p?skuId=5791502. It's powerd via I believe micro usb. Any of those invisicords able to work with micro usb?
The Invisicord I purchased came with a free Mini USB to Micro USB adapter.

Just FYI, I have an Anker ROAV Dashcam which uses a micro usb port for power. The adapter from Invisicord did not fit because of the design on my dash cam (it has like a recessed power port), so I bought another adapter off Amazon which worked. Looking at the photos for that Garmin dash cam, the adapter should fit no problem.

Just FYI, I have an Anker ROAV Dashcam which uses a micro usb port for power. The adapter from Invisicord did not fit because of the design on my dash cam (it has like a recessed power port), so I bought another adapter off Amazon which worked. Looking at the photos for that Garmin dash cam, the adapter should fit no problem.

Awesome thanks!

Hey so I am about to order the Invisicord. I am getting the USB one with micro usb attachment. Do I need to add the fuse? Not sure if that would be needed or not. Otherwise, all I will do is place the red/black inputs into the back of the adapter on my mirror and that'll be enough power to power the dash cam? thanks. It mentions about whether the mirror has enough low amperage fuse and not sure exactly what that means. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hey so I am about to order the Invisicord. I am getting the USB one with micro usb attachment. Do I need to add the fuse? Not sure if that would be needed or not. Otherwise, all I will do is place the red/black inputs into the back of the adapter on my mirror and that'll be enough power to power the dash cam? thanks. It mentions about whether the mirror has enough low amperage fuse and not sure exactly what that means. Anyone have any recommendations?

I purchased it with the fuse because that's what other people on here have done.

The way I installed it is, I unplugged the harness at the back of the mirror, then plugged the red and black inputs into the appropriate locations in the harness, then I plugged the harness back into the mirror.

So I got the invisicord solution working and it's been great so far... from a power perspective. Interestingly enough, it's causing a lot of FM radio interference. It's probably my dash cam doing it, but one of the negatives of this method is that you're directly connecting the dash cam to some apparently sensitive electronics and it has the potential to send interference back into the car power line.

I'm keeping mine attached (most use bluetooth streaming anyway), but just something to be aware of.

So I got the invisicord solution working and it's been great so far... from a power perspective. Interestingly enough, it's causing a lot of FM radio interference. It's probably my dash cam doing it, but one of the negatives of this method is that you're directly connecting the dash cam to some apparently sensitive electronics and it has the potential to send interference back into the car power line.

I'm keeping mine attached (most use bluetooth streaming anyway), but just something to be aware of.
That's unfortunate. I don't seem to have any interference issues with my setup.

Back