Disable Gracenote on a 2017 CX-5 GT

StevieWy

:
2017 CX-5
Anyone know of an easy way to disable Gracenote on a 2017 CX-5 GT? I'm so sick of the slowness for it. I listen to a lot of music so I easily go well over 64GBs on a flash drive. Gracenote takes forever to decode everything. Any tips or tricks? I'm not a fan of using bluetooth since the audio quality does take a hit. I've seen how to do it for older models but it seems 2017 maybe different since it's already using 7.0. I'm also not a fan of using any Apple products as my music solution btw.

Thanks.

How many gigs of music are you using? Also reads the metdata wrong a lot of the time for me.

A few gig. Besides when I have it playing, my screen is set to fuel economy screen or some other one so I don't see any music information.

So if anything appears wrong I don't really care.

The only way to see if the above link works is to try it. Someone has to be the first person.

I'm not going to as I have no reason to do so.

Last edited:
My 2016.5 - 64 gig micro USB with 37.48 gigs songs and 6.30 gigs of audiobook & podcast. Works fine...
album art and info.

Have you updated gracenote.?

I just use Spotify and Bluetooth connection since the stock audio system of my CX-5 is not that transparent sounding hence inaudible difference. TS must have a great aftermarket system to require FLAC & high resolution files hence not wanting to use the Bluetooth connectivity.

My 2016.5 - 64 gig micro USB with 37.48 gigs songs and 6.30 gigs of audiobook & podcast. Works fine...
album art and info.

Have you updated gracenote.?

Yeah it's the most current version i believe. Version 7 i think. My problem is i listen to too much music. I have a 128gb flash drive formatted to FAT32 and it has about 80GBs on it. My old 2011 Nissan would read it instantly and use the mp3s' metadata. No issues and no lag.

Yeah it's the most current version i believe. Version 7 i think. My problem is i listen to too much music. I have a 128gb flash drive formatted to FAT32 and it has about 80GBs on it. My old 2011 Nissan would read it instantly and use the mp3s' metadata. No issues and no lag.

Perhaps try a newer flash drive (uhm)

Anyone know of an easy way to disable Gracenote on a 2017 CX-5 GT? I'm so sick of the slowness for it. I listen to a lot of music so I easily go well over 64GBs on a flash drive. Gracenote takes forever to decode everything. Any tips or tricks? I'm not a fan of using bluetooth since the audio quality does take a hit. I've seen how to do it for older models but it seems 2017 maybe different since it's already using 7.0. I'm also not a fan of using any Apple products as my music solution btw.

Thanks.

From my usb drive, is yours not this fast, same, or slower..? I feel this is fast enough for me.

https://youtu.be/gEm3lvOIceQ

Last edited:
I had a slower flash drive it took some time to load the music. I bought a faster reading drive and it helped with loading new files and reading the files. I am not sure why people complain so much about the system. By the time I back out of my driveway the screen has gone past the warnings and has started playing music from the drive. I am not that old but clearing a lot of people have forgotten about cassette tapes and the hassle that was. (dance)

Mine boots fine and plays virtually anything within seconds. I dont share a need to have the music play instantly, three seconds or so and then instantly once playing is plenty fast enough. I see the Gracenote logo from time to time but not really interested in what it does and certainly wont bother updating it.

Back