Warranty

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

I purchased a 2017 GT back in July. I love the vehicle so far. I'm thinking I'll hang on to this one for awhile. With that being said, do you think I should get the extended warranty? I have never owned a Mazda before, so I'm not sure how reliable they are when the mileage starts adding up.

What problems have you all had with yours. Did any of you 17' GTers go with the extended warranty?

Let me know.

J

I have a 2014 GT and I purchased the extended warranty that goes all the way to 120,000 miles. I am now at 90K miles and have had no issues that would require warranty use. But honestly, I don't regret getting it as it was great piece of mind. Dealers will drop the price by 50%, so don't pay what they originally offer.

Hello!

I purchased a 2017 GT back in July. I love the vehicle so far. I'm thinking I'll hang on to this one for awhile. With that being said, do you think I should get the extended warranty? I have never owned a Mazda before, so I'm not sure how reliable they are when the mileage starts adding up.

What problems have you all had with yours. Did any of you 17' GTers go with the extended warranty?

Let me know.

J

The transmission is the only repeating failure I see on here, and it doesn't matter how it was driven, whether or not the fluid was changed, or if it's 65k miles of 6500 miles.

The transmission is the only repeating failure I see on here, and it doesn't matter how it was driven, whether or not the fluid was changed, or if it's 65k miles of 6500 miles.

mmm Not so sure. Most the failures posted here have been early ones, well within warranty and usually within first 10k. Some of the early build 2016's had a supplier component issue and that seems to make up most of the complaints. I think Chris's might be the only out of warranty I've seen here?

Ext warranty is like insurance.
If you can handle the worst case scenario financially, don't buy it.
If you will have a hard time, then, go for it.

Also, the profit margin is very high (at least 50%).
There is a famous Toyota salesman who sells ext warranty (genuine) for 50% off MSRP.
I am sure he is not losing money on doing so....

The wife wanted an extended warranty for her Honda. I bought a genuine Honda warranty for her on the internet and saved more than 50% over the best price that the dealer where we bought the car offered. I have not bought the extended warranty for my Mazda. My Mazda dealer told me that Mazda didn't offer an extended warranty and they only sold a third party extended warranty. I should have know that he was lying, but didn't pursue it further.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back