Added Some Color

:
2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG
I added some color to the front. The Sonic Silver is great, but needed some color...
I used reflective Vinyl, cut it on a vinyl cutter, 1/8" tall and applied it in to the grill crease. If there's no light striking it, it looks a dark blue, just an accent and a hint of blue, almost too dark to see but just enough.
If I decide I don't like it I can peal it off. since it's only 1/8" wide, there not much adhesive. When the light hits it, it lights up.

Flash from my iPhone while facing inwards towards the garage:

In the setting sun with a orange cast from the forest fire smoke

I like the subtlety of that! Reminds me of a little blue-grey graphic I added to the cab of my silver 2007 Nissan Frontier several years ago. Silver vehicles can become pretty boring after a while and I wanted to add just enough color to "wake up" the look of the truck. It was easy to do and could be just as easily removed f I didn't like the outcome. It worked for me and I left it on till I sold it a few years later.

Attachments

• nissan1.jpg
    nissan1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 272
You could also paint the chrome around the grille gloss black so it matches the rest of the bumper.

I removed the Mazda 6 or CX-5 Badge in your case plus the skyactiv badge off the rear and it looks much cleaner as well.

No me gusta.
but if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.

Agreed.

Reminds me of the blue around those Toyota and Hyundai badges for their hybrids.

That said, cool concept. I may not care for the color you used, but that doesn't matter. Cool work (thumb)

I'm not sure about the fog lights as well.. it was a last min thought as we finished; we has some extra..

I'll post another photo later, as it looks different when not reflecting the light. It's just a slight accent of color that most would not see right a way.

Thanks for the feed back..

I'm not sure about the fog lights as well.. it was a last min thought as we finished; we has some extra..

I'll post another photo later, as it looks different when not reflecting the light. It's just a slight accent of color that most would not see right a way.

Thanks for the feed back..

If you like the main effect, don't base any decisions on my aesthetic judgment. I'm 45, an engineer, and like things clean and simple. I prefer the smaller fog opening, that doesn't look like a vent, on the 2017, so don't like to draw attention to a feature I'd as soon not have there.

Back