2017 CX5 FRONT Mud flap.

gypsyeyes

I just got some accessories for my new 2017 CX5 and installed it myself. Rear bumper - easy, Roof rack - easy, rear mudguard- easy. But the front mudguard was a real challenge. I've gone through the first part and was held up in removing the front over fender. DIY manual does not say if you just pull it out, wouldn't that break the clips?

If you're talking about what I think you are, those clips have a center part that you need to pop up/out. Then the fastener should come out relatively easily.

I just got some accessories for my new 2017 CX5 and installed it myself. Rear bumper - easy, Roof rack - easy, rear mudguard- easy. But the front mudguard was a real challenge. I've gone through the first part and was held up in removing the front over fender. DIY manual does not say if you just pull it out, wouldn't that break the clips?

Hi gypsyeyes,

I am also in your situation. Already installed the rear ones myself on my 2017 CX-5 GT. But do not feel confident enough about the front splash guards. I am particularly concerned about the Jack nut. I do not have any tools to install it and moreover, I feel that the instruction manual could have been more detailed enough in order to get it done as a DIY project.
Now that you have already installed it by yourself, Would you mind to post some more detailed step by step instruction so that people like me can get some benefit.

Thanks!

Back