A few issues I'd like to see if they are common among other owners

dmz6

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
I am a new Mazda owner and I am not sure if these few things are common or if I should pursue getting them addressed by my dealer:

1. Headlights seem to shimmer/jitter when driving on roads that have some imperfections on them or going over bumps. Not just moving with the car, but sort of flicker off of the car in front of me. (kind of like the guy behind you with the loose headlight housing).

2. My driver outside mirror also shimmers when I am driving. I am not being picky here. I use my mirrors a lot and it just distorts the view. The passenger mirror does not do this. The other CX-9 I drove during a test drive did the same thing.

3. My Mazda Radar Cruise Control seems to be overly sensitive to the cement barriers on the highway. When I am driving straight it is fine, but when I go around a curve on the highway without any car in front of me, it seems to recognize the median and slows my car down. It also does this in the other direction where it slows down because of a car in the right lane if I am in the left lane.

Thanks for any feedback. I'd love to hear if anyone had these issues and had them fixed in some manner.

I do see issue #1.. not a big deal for but I wonder what the drivers in front of me have experiencing..

Not experienced #2 or #3

Do experience #1 but not bothered as typical of LEDs vs halogens and HIDs

Also experience #2 but only when driving on highways..thought about getting it checked on my next dealer servicing appointment

Have not experienced #3 but I do agree with the sensitivity of the MRCC even on straight roads say when a vehicle cuts into the lane

Exactly. It doesn't bother me really, but I do wonder how annoying it is for the car in front of me.

I had a Jeep with HIDs and I didn't experience the jitter like this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the moveable lamps for adaptive lighting and LED?

I'm fairly certain that the jitter you're seeing in #1 is common to many HID and LED headlights. It's caused by normal vibrations of the car and is especially noticeable because the projectors' beam cutoff is so sharp. As long as the cutoff stays below the rear view mirror of the driver in front of you, they shouldn't really notice it.

I had a Jeep with HIDs and I didn't experience the jitter like this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the moveable lamps for adaptive lighting and LED?

I wouldn't worry too much about this if I were you...worry about what bothers you than if it bothers the cars in front of you. I had a Volvo XC60 previously that had HIDs and active bending lights but didn't have much of that vibration or flicker effect so I would say the adaptive lighting of the CX9 has no effect on the vibration or flickering. What I attribute it to though is likely because of the headlight design housing which is small and its projector type but it's also typical of LEDs.

Like the others, I see #1 occasionally, but its not a big deal. Just part of the LED lighting. I have never experienced #2 or #3.

Thanks for the responses. I'll address the second issue with the dealer. I guess after doing some more research on the MRCC, I see that it may not that it is picking up objects and slowing in the curves. It appears it senses lateral Gs and slows down to keep it consistent.

Never noticed #1, but will check it our.
Never experienced #2 or #3

for number three, I do find I set my radar cruise to the lowest setting (least distance to car in front), it works better. Too high and it keep me so far from the car ahead people zip in and out in front of me, causing unneeded slow-down/speed-up.

I do like Smart City Brake Support - it's help me avoid rear ending a couple cars.

Back