I am seeing BIG discounts on the Mazda6, but without next years in the showroom?

Obviously ANY sedan is going to be more fun to drive then its CUV counterpart. The CX-5 is still a very fun car to drive, just don't drive like a soccer mom. :evil:

Hmm this thread makes me want to go to the dealership and test drive a 2017 Mazda6 LOL

Not surprised on discounts... across the industry all sedans sales seem to continue on downward path. Sedans just aren't the "in" thing right now but if gas prices head up significantly that can change fast.

Just posted this in the CX-5 forum (more activity there): Bought a Mazda 6 this week. Expecting delivery in a week or so...I hope.
You are right about discounts and freebies. I got lots of both.
Looking forwards to the delivery day.
I'm excited.

Gratz! What color did you go with? GT?

Top of the line my friend.
GT with Tech and Premium. Tinted windows and spoiler as add-ons (free of course).
Gun metal grey metallic, (whatever they call it, I can't remember).

Glad to help

Unfortunately no one is buying these cars. Theyre trying to get rid of them

I sure hope so - I'm planning on buying one in 3-4 months. I'll be glad to take one of their hands and 3 months from now, I'm guessing they
just might be trying harder.

Took my '16 Mazda6 GT in for oil change.
Sat in a '18 Mazda6 GT on the floor.
Several points I noted:
1. quieter. Door closing is more like my '17 CX5. Better sound isolated.
2. Interior is nice when seeing it in person
3. Seems to have better leather. Walls of the center console have been raised about 1/2 inch higher.
4. Bigger tail pipe tips. Likely can be retrofit to older models.
5. Chrome strip on the trunk lid cuts into tail lights on both ends. Looks better than old one.
6. Yes, Turbo.... did not get to drive it though.
7. new wheels look OK to me.
8. Yes. I like the new front grille.

Available in Sport
22c71b59991ec75a48a1d267dd8cf7a5.jpg

Just got our 18 sedan last week, dollar for dollar you cant get a better package. Especially in Canada where mazda offers 5yr powertrain unlimited mileage warranties.
Just did my first 50+mile trip. According to the cars math i averaged 44-45 mpg. Wondering if the cylinder deactivation gets a bit better than the supposed 1mpg gain?

Nice! I just bought an 18 Mazda 6 today in a manual. The car is absolutely stunning and I couldnt be any happier with my purchase!

Just got our 18 sedan last week, dollar for dollar you cant get a better package. Especially in Canada where mazda offers 5yr powertrain unlimited mileage warranties.
Just did my first 50+mile trip. According to the cars math i averaged 44-45 mpg. Wondering if the cylinder deactivation gets a bit better than the supposed 1mpg gain?

Nice! I just bought an 18 Mazda 6 today in a manual. The car is absolutely stunning and I couldnt be any happier with my purchase!

Did you guys try out the 2.5T engine before purchasing your cars? Can you share some thoughts on how it compares to the 2.5 NA engine?

Where in Ontario?

How did you come up with 44-45 mpg's?
I drove my new 2017 to Florida this past winter, and I only averaged 37.2 MPG's (US) on the highways, according to the computer.
I presume it uses US gallons to do the math.
If it somehow calculated your mileage using Canadian gallons, then I could see the 44-mpg's result.
What was the average in L/100kms?

Where in Ontario?

How did you come up with 44-45 mpg's?
I drove my new 2017 to Florida this past winter, and I only averaged 37.2 MPG's (US) on the highways, according to the computer.
I presume it uses US gallons to do the math.
If it somehow calculated your mileage using Canadian gallons, then I could see the 44-mpg's result.
What was the average in L/100kms?

I was cruising avg 95kmh/60mph and just went off the car cpu reading between 4.9 and 5.3 L/100k. I think as soon as you go over 105kmh the cyl deactivation is disabled?
Yours being a 2017 doesnt have cyl deactivation so the 37mpg seems proper.
My wife drives it 80%of the time and shes getting 6.3 avg combined.

I just picked up my 2018 Sport 6MT in Machine Gray for $18,051 + TTL/Doc. Put 30% down and financed the rest, even with my crappy credit score. Gonna sell my old car privately and pay off a couple high-interest credit cards. And also add leather, tint, new speakers, and 3M clear bra to the new Mazda6.

Last edited:
Back