Miata fun post.

TonyKahrs

:
2002 Protege 5
Hey guys, what's good?

So... I got a pretty cool idea and searched it up. No results. So here we go!

Imagine the Miata pop up lights opening up when you get close, to greet you for the drive ahead. I thought about putting one of those proximity radars (found in car alarm kits) to the headlight button on the dash. And keeping the wiring for the actual light switch so I could by pass even if it doesn't work. What do you guys think?

Hey guys, what's good?

Imagine the Miata pop up lights opening up when you get close, to greet you for the drive ahead. I thought about putting one of those proximity radars (found in car alarm kits) to the headlight button on the dash. And keeping the wiring for the actual light switch so I could by pass even if it doesn't work. What do you guys think?

Honestly if you really want this I'd look up an arduino or a raspberry pi and program them to do so. Probably easier than messing with what's there.

Hey guys, what's good?

Honestly if you really want this I'd look up an arduino or a raspberry pi and program them to do so. Probably easier than messing with what's there.

Hey guys, what's good?

In the past I've done similar to this but every time I started my RX-7 the headlights would bob up and then shut. Now I don't know exactly how to do so but I'd look into a arduino. These tiny computers are great for controlling other electronics and would probably work great.

Thanks for the replies. This is just a fun little project after all. I imagine with the proximity sensor always getting power, people just walking by would be greeted by Mia. I'm guessing maybe a toggleable CPU would be a better option. Or maybe put a sensor in the key, so it only activates with me. Vary complicated for a simple trick

Thanks for the replies. This is just a fun little project after all. I imagine with the proximity sensor always getting power, people just walking by would be greeted by Mia. I'm guessing maybe a toggleable CPU would be a better option. Or maybe put a sensor in the key, so it only activates with me. Vary complicated for a simple trick

Lol not quite sure why it decided to reply so many times I got an error the first time I tried replying.

Back