Thoughts on the price of this 2014 Mazda cx 5

My last name is Harris. Have you syatted pricing out which aftermarket wheels/mods you want?

Tech package was the only option.
Includes:
Navigation System
Advanced Keyless Entry System
Smart City Brake Support System
Bi-Xenon HID Headlights
Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror w/HomeLink

Everything else standard.
-> Bi-Xenon HID Headlights with Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS).

If you want to see some vehicle history for free this site might be useful

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/

Non-salvage/rebuilt fully loaded AWD & GT CX-5's in my area are typically in the $18-$21K range for a '14 on dealer lots with 50K miles or less. $20-23K for a '15.

I've read that vehicle wholesale pricing may go up $1-2K on used vehicles due to the vehicles lost in hurricanes.

Last edited:
These are some prices from dealer auctions. Real transactions on 2014 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

9/14/17 $15,800 74,718 4.9 4G/A Red Lease Southwest Omaha
8/17/17 $14,000* 49,426 2.5 4G/A White Lease Southeast Atlanta
8/18/17 $16,650 48,610 3.8 4CY/A Gray Regular Northeast Baltimore-Washington

If you want to see some vehicle history for free this site might be useful

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/

Non-salvage/rebuilt fully loaded AWD & GT CX-5's in my area are typically in the $18-$21K range for a '14 on dealer lots with 50K miles or less. $20-23K for a '15.

I've read that vehicle wholesale pricing may go up $1-2K on used vehicles due to the vehicles lost in hurricanes.

My local dealer opined that this was the case. They said in 2-3mo, I will see a spike in trade-in value of my CX5 because of all the vehicles needed to replace the vacuum created by the hurricane. Obviously not every vehicle destroyed is to be replaced with a brand new one, as many will buy used to replace used, etc. so it makes absolute sense that in the coming months due to TX and Florida, but especially Houston, we will see a spike in trade values. If it spikes enough, I may go CX5-D. However, looking at things from a practical standpoint, I might also keep my current ride. I'm torn on it.

My local dealer opined that this was the case. They said in 2-3mo, I will see a spike in trade-in value of my CX5 because of all the vehicles needed to replace the vacuum created by the hurricane. Obviously not every vehicle destroyed is to be replaced with a brand new one, as many will buy used to replace used, etc. so it makes absolute sense that in the coming months due to TX and Florida, but especially Houston, we will see a spike in trade values. If it spikes enough, I may go CX5-D. However, looking at things from a practical standpoint, I might also keep my current ride. I'm torn on it.

Just curious, thought you would never buy a CUV such as the CX5 brand new? That they're just average daily commuter appliances. Just curious as I will be interested in the diesel as well but not sure because I don't know much about those engines. Does a diesel engine offer much more for you to change your opinion of the Cx5 just being an appliance? Not giving you a hard time, really curious about your perspective on this.

Very interesting points also about the trade in value. Guessing that will just be in the Texas/southeast and won't find its way up to the mid atlantic region.

Just curious, thought you would never buy a CUV such as the CX5 brand new? That they're just average daily commuter appliances. Just curious as I will be interested in the diesel as well but not sure because I don't know much about those engines. Does a diesel engine offer much more for you to change your opinion of the Cx5 just being an appliance? Not giving you a hard time, really curious about your perspective on this.

Very interesting points also about the trade in value. Guessing that will just be in the Texas/southeast and won't find its way up to the mid atlantic region.

You are correct. I would buy the CX-5 D used, unless it was heavily incentivized so as to make it a moot point.

The CX-5D, to me, does kindof edge it out of "appliance" realm, given how quiet it is, and how awesome the mpg is. It is a bit more specialized and appealing, and would make a helluva road-trip vehicle.

I already place my 14 well above appliance status while owning a pleasure vehicle however agree that a diesel would likely bring it up a notch question is will i trust it (admitted diesel virgin) when the hg dips @ or below 0F..
As for op..swapping in trunk full of half acre double daisy cutter..sounds (ill say femimine to steer clear haha steers) yet delivers superbly.. potent yet very approachable...on short list it should be

Last edited:
I already place my 14 well above appliance status while owning a pleasure vehicle however agree that a diesel would likely bring it up a notch question is will i trust it (admitted diesel virgin) when the hg dips @ or below 0F..
As for op..swapping in trunk full of half acre double daisy cutter..sounds (ill say femimine to steer clear haha steers) yet delivers superbly.. potent yet very approachable...on short list it should be

The Mazda diesel should be fine. They don't seem to have problems in other places where it gets cold.

Well, they agreed to come down to 18,000. From my research it seems like a fair price for a GT. When I go to purchase the vehicale I may try to get another 500 or so knocked off... I find it difficult to haggle over pricing for a car.

^Just tell them 17 is the most you can do, they may say no initially but give it a few days/weeks..in the off chance they don't come back- keep looking they can't be that hard to come by.

Well, they agreed to come down to 18,000. From my research it seems like a fair price for a GT. When I go to purchase the vehicale I may try to get another 500 or so knocked off... I find it difficult to haggle over pricing for a car.

Best tactic is to get and respectively leave saying you'll sleep on it. Actually did that like 3 times on 3 separate days before they caved in.

Back