Protege 5 bad idle

DayMan

:
Mazda, Protege5
So again i'm here trying to fix my garbage ass Protege5 (Love the car hate this problem)

My car is really starting to get bad. The idle is constantly dipping and while accelerating sometimes it has no power whatsoever. Also while cruising it feels like it sort of hiccups and feels like s***.

So anyways I have a code P0090-Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit

I'm completely lost on what to do. I have done the following

• Clean EGR
  • Spark Plugs
  • Coils
  • Coil wires
  • Seafoamed
  • New battery
  • New fuel preassure regulator

Also here is a video of the idle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68SNm7A-7yg

Any help or how I should go about this problem would really help. Thanks!

I wonder if it could be dirty or faulty fuel injector(s), no other trouble codes, no misfire code?

So anyways I have a code P0090-Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit

We don't have a P0090 code for our car.

You have a P1250...

Screenshot_2017-09-14-21-56-28.png

Replace your fuel pressure regulator solenoid valve.

Part #3...

Screenshot_2017-09-14-22-08-00.png

Screenshot_2017-09-14-22-11-13.png

You didn't mention your IAC...
Remove and clean your IAC.

Thanks I appreciate it. Weird the obd2 app I have says code P0090.

Its not wrong,.. Just different wording and a different number.

Our car is 15 yrs old,.. There's a whole bunch of codes that have different numbers.

I couldn't find the part at RockAuto but I found something on eBay...

$6.50...

Screenshot_2017-09-14-23-16-41.png

It's for an EGR but they're all pretty much the same... Vacuum Solenoid.

You might need zip ties to install it and these to connect it but the OEM stuff is expensive.. ( probably $40-$100)

Screenshot_2017-09-14-23-35-14.png

Surf around online to see what you can find...
I'd guess to stay away from used stuff... They're 15 yrs. old.

I would agree with looking into the vacuum switching valve for your code. the diaphragms harden or weaken over time, especially with all the heat from the engine since they're right above the motor. However this may or may not clear up your idle or stutter concern.

I would also get some carb cleaner and an old toothbrush, and clean the crap out of your throttle body and IAC. this is what is most likely causing your idle issues. it is probably all full of carbon and junk that will cause all sorts of issues. make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 90 seconds to clear everything out of the computer's memory after doing this and let it reset itself. i don't know what kind of data your scan tool will register, but if you can see the calculated load then power brake it for about 3-5 seconds and see what it says. if it doesn't spike up above 70-80% then your MAF is dirty. Dirty MAF sensor will frequently cause calc load to not go above 40-50% range which will cause all sorts of issues including idle and overall performance. you can try some MAF cleaner to verify if it makes a difference. if so then i would replace it, i don't generally recommend cleaning the MAF sensor as a "fix", just a verification. but some people swear by cleaning it and letting it go, to each their own.

When I bought the car a month ago they said they put a new maf on. Ill clean again just in case. I need to clean the iac though

Back