Looking For "Stand Up" Cargo Net for CX-5

sprintrps

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I have the Mazda Cargo net, which lays flat and opens like a "net Sandwich". I am looking for a "stand up" net (like Hyundai) that I can hook to the bottom 2 clips and install 2 clips higher up. We prefer this type as tha Mazda unit does no hold enough for us. Thanks for any suggestions.

You meant the one used in Mazda6?
I installed it myself. Mazda does not leave spots where you can install the hooks at upper locations in a CX5.
The hooks need to be tied down to body frame to be strong enough....
Don't see that it is easy to do for CX5.

You have to do something by yourself for a vertical cargo net in the CX-5 and here's the best DIY write-up by tomcat1446:

DIY vertical cargo net

never understood why the CX-5 doesn't have one, I've seen the OEM flat cargo net but find it useless for grocery bags.

so I installed a vertical cargo net myself, extremely easy, some drilling is required. I popped the tail light access panels to make sure

I didn't drill into any wiring and also to install the flat washers and nut, see pictures and link.

I find the vertical cargo net very useful for grocery bags, hanging wet towels after swimming, etc.

The CX-5 already has loops on the bottom side, I only had to install the two top net hooks ($1.99 for 4 pack)

The set came with self tapping screws but I replaced those with a bolt and nut instead which is less prone to failure

than the ones that just screw into plastic.

I had an existing cargo net from a 2005 Highlander but you can get universal cargo nets on Amazon.

2d1jy49.jpg

2qjvdpz.jpg

16izmkl.jpg

29upqps.jpg

258192x.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I have the ordinary cargo net where it "blankets" the items in your cargo. I think it works pretty the same in preventing your items from "spilling" once the liftgate is opened.

Back