Cosmetic Mods Mazda 6

GJ-Molestor

Banned
:
2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual
Thoughts? I've debadged the rear of the car and plastidipped some stuff around the car. I added a layer of gloss on the front emblem and it came out very nice.

sy42fk.jpg

1z69o2b.jpg

and this here is the end goal:

71k2dh.jpg

Thoughts? I've debadged the rear of the car and plastidipped some stuff around the car. I added a layer of gloss on the front emblem and it came out very nice.

sy42fk.jpg

1z69o2b.jpg

and this here is the end goal:

71k2dh.jpg
I really like the rear chrome delete, I have a sonic silver 6 and I'm just playing with an idea. I was looking to have the chrome trim looking more like it blends into the light cluster, so I was toying with the idea of using a smoked vinyl that's ever so slightly transparent so the chrome would reflect slightly.
Not sure what you guys think the best approach is but I'm certainly going to try it and see what it looks like.
Any other photos or ideas would be welcome.
Your 6 looks really well!

I do like the look. How did you go about plastidipping? (If you're really not banned).

I believe he is actually banned (not sure why though). Anyway, plastidipping is basically just like spray painting. Tape off the areas you don't want plastidipped, prep the area with isopropyl alcohol, then spray a light coat, followed by a couple of medium coats and a final medium-heavy coat. Let dry for 20-30 mins, remove tape carefully, and you're done.

I believe he is actually banned (not sure why though). Anyway, plastidipping is basically just like spray painting. Tape off the areas you don't want plastidipped, prep the area with isopropyl alcohol, then spray a light coat, followed by a couple of medium coats and a final medium-heavy coat. Let dry for 20-30 mins, remove tape carefully, and you're done.
Thx. I thought about plastidipping it, but I want to do it permanently. SEM seems to make a few different products to prime and paint plastic. I'm thinking of using that for the emblems and front/rear accent strips if I can't find black ones at a reasonable price. I may try my hand at vinyl wrapping the window trims.

Back