Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cosmetic Mods Mazda 6

  1. #1
    Banned GJ-Molestor's Avatar

    2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,798

    Cosmetic Mods Mazda 6

    Thoughts? I've debadged the rear of the car and plastidipped some stuff around the car. I added a layer of gloss on the front emblem and it came out very nice.






    and this here is the end goal:


  2. #2
    Registered Member

    Mazda 6 2.2 Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ-Molestor View Post
    Thoughts? I've debadged the rear of the car and plastidipped some stuff around the car. I added a layer of gloss on the front emblem and it came out very nice.






    and this here is the end goal:

    I really like the rear chrome delete, I have a sonic silver 6 and I'm just playing with an idea. I was looking to have the chrome trim looking more like it blends into the light cluster, so I was toying with the idea of using a smoked vinyl that's ever so slightly transparent so the chrome would reflect slightly.
    Not sure what you guys think the best approach is but I'm certainly going to try it and see what it looks like.
    Any other photos or ideas would be welcome.
    Your 6 looks really well!

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2016 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    16
    I do like the look. How did you go about plastidipping? (If you're really not banned).

  4. #4
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Contributor

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by davenoh View Post
    I do like the look. How did you go about plastidipping? (If you're really not banned).
    I believe he is actually banned (not sure why though). Anyway, plastidipping is basically just like spray painting. Tape off the areas you don't want plastidipped, prep the area with isopropyl alcohol, then spray a light coat, followed by a couple of medium coats and a final medium-heavy coat. Let dry for 20-30 mins, remove tape carefully, and you're done.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2016 Mazda 6

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I believe he is actually banned (not sure why though). Anyway, plastidipping is basically just like spray painting. Tape off the areas you don't want plastidipped, prep the area with isopropyl alcohol, then spray a light coat, followed by a couple of medium coats and a final medium-heavy coat. Let dry for 20-30 mins, remove tape carefully, and you're done.
    Thx. I thought about plastidipping it, but I want to do it permanently. SEM seems to make a few different products to prime and paint plastic. I'm thinking of using that for the emblems and front/rear accent strips if I can't find black ones at a reasonable price. I may try my hand at vinyl wrapping the window trims.

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Cosmetic Mod
    By DaniPhiSig in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 08:47 PM
  2. Ideas on Cosmetic Mods for a Mazda 3 2008?
    By WuCheng in forum Mazda3 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 06:56 PM
  3. Ongoing cosmetic DIY and more....
    By solidtrance in forum Global
    Replies: 327
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
  4. Cosmetic things...
    By ZPrice in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 02:55 AM
  5. Steering wheel cosmetic damage
    By camerazn in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 09:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •