Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy parts outside USA and ship to USA?

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

I thought I was going to come back and thank people for their shared experiences from buying overseas..

I'm surprised this thread turned into one convincing me against getting buying what I want, that I don't need it, or that it can't be done. I didn't think I would have to now defend myself by sharing my resume and telling my background. Ha.

It's a nice gesture to be concerned and caring, but let's please keep in mind that it's from your perspective. 8-) Let's "suggest" or "recommend" things shouldn't be done. Almost nothing is impossible. There may be downsides and it may take work, knowledge, or money, but most things aren't impossible.

ALH sourcing from RHD countries for LHD usages, makes no practical sense and was never my intention.
    It just makes sense to source it from LHD countries.

I'm aware of the DOT rules, but it's not stopping me.

Power mirrors might not make practical sense for where you live, but you don't live where I live or park where I park.
    8-)
    Unless I hear from users who have factory setups for folding mirrors, say the Mazda design is unreliable, I will assume they are fine. These are extremely common on the vehicles I've driven while in the UK, European Union countries, Japan, and South Korea.

I appreciate the feedback and suggested downsides towards the backup camera. I have many of the same predicted struggles with doing it.

When it comes time to start further evaluating and actually executing on each of these, I'll open separate threads for each.

At the moment, I can't even find the parts.
    I have yet to pay for Mazda's access for TSBs/schematics/diagrams, but I predict (past experience from getting this access for Toyota) that it will only be for USA spec vehicles.

I am also struggling to even find factory parts and build diagrams for non-USA spec vehicles.
    All I get are foreign websites selling accessories.

Thank you for the tips for things to be aware of, like the concave driver's mirror.
    Last edited by leedar; 09-14-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Buy parts outside USA and ship to USA?

Quote Originally Posted by leedar View Post
    I thought I was going to come back and thank people for their shared experiences from buying overseas..

I'm surprised this thread turned into one convincing me against getting buying what I want, that I don't need it, or that it can't be done. I didn't think I would have to now defend myself by sharing my resume and telling my background. Ha.

It's a nice gesture to be concerned and caring, but let's please keep in mind that it's from your perspective. 8-) Let's "suggest" or "recommend" things shouldn't be done. Almost nothing is impossible. There may be downsides and it may take work, knowledge, or money, but most things aren't impossible.

ALH sourcing from RHD countries for LHD usages, makes no practical sense and was never my intention.
    It just makes sense to source it from LHD countries.

I'm aware of the DOT rules, but it's not stopping me.

Power mirrors might not make practical sense for where you live, but you don't live where I live or park where I park.
    8-)
    Unless I hear from users who have factory setups for folding mirrors, say the Mazda design is unreliable, I will assume they are fine. These are extremely common on the vehicles I've driven while in the UK, European Union countries, Japan, and South Korea.

I appreciate the feedback and suggested downsides towards the backup camera. I have many of the same predicted struggles with doing it.

When it comes time to start further evaluating and actually executing on each of these, I'll open separate threads for each.

At the moment, I can't even find the parts.
    I have yet to pay for Mazda's access for TSBs/schematics/diagrams, but I predict (past experience from getting this access for Toyota) that it will only be for USA spec vehicles.

I am also struggling to even find factory parts and build diagrams for non-USA spec vehicles.
    All I get are foreign websites selling accessories.

Thank you for the tips for things to be aware of, like the concave driver's mirror.
    We're here trying to answer your questions based on our best knowledge without knowing your background. You asked buying experience of non-US-spec parts and we provided to you. You listed the items you're interested to do and we gave our opinions. But if you sent emails to UK Mazda dealers instead of German Mazda dealers inquiring parts for your needs on a LHD CX-5 which indicates at least to me you didn't aware the ALH and Power-Folding Mirrors are LHD and RHD dependent.

If you'd done finding non-US-spec parts on your Toyota before, you should know those JDM parts sources overseas without asking. And you should know you're not going to find any non-US-spec parts information from any Mazda USA network. It's the questions you asked on face value prompted our answers. We can't read your mind、your knowledge、and your determination of doing your intended projects unless you told us. Yeah nothing is impossible. But things you've listed mostly are not feasible to make it happen for a LHD US CX-5, and they'd be very costly. Even if you've collected all the parts, you still can't get any necessary software support in the US which also requires proprietary Mazda computer equipment to do the change. To me it's easier and cheaper to figure out a way importing a German CX-5 with all of these features you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12