Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy parts outside USA and ship to USA?

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Buy parts outside USA and ship to USA?

Has anybody tried and succeeded?

Please share your experience.
    Thank you!

2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD SnowFlake White Pearl

I remember buying a roof spoiler off Ebay and it was shipped EMS.. the wait is LONG.

but as far as the CX-5 is concern ... all the OEM parts can be bought from US dealerships/sites like mazdaparts.org

unless Mazda makes a new FACEMASK for the 2017 CX-5 and it JP only then I would import from Japan if needed.
    Less is More ...
    That is why I choose the base 2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD

17 in wheels = 225/65R17 means more tire for better ride ...
    Cloth seats = Not hot and sticky in summer or COLD in winter...
    Manual Lift gate = I can open it faster and close it faster than automatic lift gate

2016 CX-5 Sport MT6

Quote Originally Posted by Panda_415 View Post

...unless Mazda makes a new FACEMASK for the 2017 CX-5 and it JP only then I would import from Japan if needed.
    If I had a '17, I'd search the globe for a mask for that front end too! (just kidding, but I thought I'd beat someone else to it)

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray

Quote Originally Posted by leedar View Post

Thank you!
    I got a quote from japanparts.com on some OEM parts before they were available in the US. Didn't actually purchase them because the shipping was so much (the parts were roof moldings that were an odd size -- very long). But the price of the parts w/o shipping was very reasonable and they were very responsive to my e-mails.

Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

I'm specifically curious of the cost to get features available overseas on the CX-5, but not on the USA version.

- ALH headlights
    - turning backup software with front/rear sensors
    - auto-foldin mirrors
    - puddle light under doors

So far, nobody answers my emails at 2 UK Mazda parts dealerships.

I can't find any of these at any USA parts vendor.

2005 RX-8, Grand Touring

I did it for my RX-8 years ago since the UK version had an option for Mazda hood struts that weren't available in US.
    since it was an OE part for them, was able to order it online, they did the currency conversion and I had the parts a few weeks later. Pretty simple process actually.

Other than that, I've ordered quite a bit of aftermarket parts from Japan (hood, bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, etc) through companies that do that and it's fairly simple so long as you let them handle all the paperwork.
    BulletProof Automotive does a great job and I know many people have used japanparts.com with much success.

You don't want JDM or UK headlights anyway, they're not suitable for our roads... you'll want to get the ones for Europe (such as Germany)
    the controller for it is different and so is the level sensor.. there's probably a need to update the as-built data

anyway, I already imported many parts from around the world... it's not the matter of speed or cost, but being able to find where to get them
    I'm willing to bet no one else on the continent has the color keyed mud flaps, full cargo tray set (seat backs and trunk floor), OEM alarm overhead console, alarm addon accessory on a new 3
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT
    '16 BMYFS AT

For Protege and Mazda3 info, come see the Protege FAQ

2015 CX-5 GT AWD liquid silver

I'm specifically curious of the cost to get features available overseas on the CX-5, but not on the USA version.

- ALH headlights
    - auto-foldin mirrors

Puddle light under doors are available from ebay. Probably not OEM though.

Registered Member

Suzuki SX4

Quote Originally Posted by Panda_415 View Post
    but as far as the CX-5 is concern ... all the OEM parts can be bought from US dealerships/sites like mazdaparts.org.
    ALL OEM parts? Like say a manual tranny for the CX5-D

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Buy parts outside USA and ship to USA?

Thank you!
    Many people here had been using JapanParts.com with good results. You can read people's experience getting JDM rear headrests from them around Pagd 29 ~ 37:

How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

Some had used Impex Japan with cheaper shipping.

even the US scuff plates are a cheaper design than what's sold overseas... you can't get all the accessories here!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

- ALH headlights
    - auto-foldin mirrors

The parts for the features you want are almost impossible to get for US CX-5's. The light pattern of headlights、and the housing angle of outside rearview mirrors are totally different between LHD (US) and RHD (UK、Japan) vehicles. Not to mention the Forward Sensing Camera used for Adaptive LED Headlights, and other sensors and software to handle the ALH are missing. There's simply no way you can retrofit ALH into US CX-5. Even if you can find all the hardware for RHD may be from Germany which is going to cost you an arm and a leg, and you still can't get software support for ALH.

Integrating factory-like Front and Rear Parking Sensors into our infotainment system are also an impossible task even if you can locate all parts from Japan, as the software support will be impossible to get.

I've seen a guy did the power-folding outside mirrors mod on a Mazda3, but the issues still remain on housing angle as he was getting all parts from Japan. And his power-folding mirrors can't be fully integrated with the car system due to the lack of proper software support.

The only fesible mod is the puddle light under doors from Japan. But how to make an opening for puddle light and hide the wiring harness nicely would be still issues to overcome.

All of these features you'd like to add are the best from factory. Unfortunately Mazda North American Operations are not willing to give us these features available to other regions, although ALH is not legal by our out-of-date DOT regulations.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

Power-folding mirrors look cool, but they are prone to failure.... (think: car wash)
    Not really useful in US.
    These are standard equipments on all levels of Mazda3/6/CX5 in Asian market.
    Streets are narrow there. Mirrors do not survive very long if not folded.
    Last edited by ceric; 09-13-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    2016 Mazda6 iGT + Tech Pkg
    ....Sonic Silver Mica / Parchment
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
    ....Soul Red Metallic / Almond

power folding mirrors have been around for the past 30 years... it's a refined and reliable part (NOT PRONE TO FAILURE)
    not all asian countries got power folding mirrors

the european (NOT UK, ireland, malta) mirrors are angled properly as their steering also on the left, but not all are power folding!
    the mirror glass is also a very useful upgrade while you are at it... 99% blind spot elimination

the mirror glass is a separate item from the mirror housing assembly, unlike previous mazdas... in other words, buying power folding mirrors comes without the glass!
    the driver side glass is convex + an aspheric outer portion... the passenger side is just a regular full convex glass but without any warning labels... combine both UK and german spec glass for best of both worlds
    Last edited by TheMAN; 09-13-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    power folding mirrors have been around for the past 30 years... it's a refined and reliable part (NOT PRONE TO FAILURE)
    Agreed. Power folding outside mirrors still work great on my 2001.5 VW Passat GLX after all these years. Power-folding mirrors on friend's 2003 Ford Mondeo in Taiwan with hot-and-humid environment have never had any issues either. They're very reliable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast