CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!

Thread: Pillar gauges for what?

Registered Member

02 protege5 ES 5dr

Pillar gauges for what?

Hi, just purchased a new project p5. To my surprise I found its got 2 gauges mounted on the drivers pillar, on air fuel the other voltage ( unsure if its wide or narrow band ). What if any use are these? My initial searches seems to suggest they are just for the blinky light effect.

I guess second part of my question is how can one identify a spicey flashed mp3 ecu ? With all the other kit this project has come with I am expecting to find one during tear down ( if I can figure out what I am looking at) .

Thanks for advise

02 Mazda P5

Flashed ecu should have a in graved #,

MSP HEADLIGHTS, MSP DOOR SILLS, MAZDASPEED AXLE BACK, S2K ANTENNA, REAR WIPER DELETE, FRONT PLATE RELOCATOR, TEIN COILOVER/STRUT SUSPENSION, OBX HEADER 4-1 W/ FOULER TRICK, K&N DROP IN FILTER, SPORT SHIFTER BASE, FRONT LIP, DIY FOGLIGHT MOD, COMPASS/TEMP MIRROR

2003 Protege5

Those gauges add about 10hp to the wheels. Oil gauges add an additional 4. Stickers? Limitless gains.

I actually like extra guages though. Not sure the air fuel is necessary on an NA car.
    Warburrito
    03 Protege5 manual (blue) - just bought in April 2015...mods to come
    01 Protege ES manual (tan) - SELLING with over 247k miles and still running -Custom CAI, Mazdapeed lowering springs, Nitto Motivos (best tires ever) on Mazda6 rims w spacers and longer bolts to fit
    93 Ford Probe GT manual (silver) - SOLD with over 200k miles and was still running - Fisk Phantom tires on stock rims, best year for PGT as interior design was way better and car was lighter with only drivers side airbag and no reinforcements in the doors
    94 Ford Probe GT manual (black) - SOLD with over 200k miles and was still running

Registered Member

02 protege5 ES 5dr

Quote Originally Posted by Warburrito View Post
    Those gauges add about 10hp to the wheels. Oil gauges add an additional 4. Stickers? Limitless gains.

I actually like extra guages though. Not sure the air fuel is necessary on an NA car.
    Lol stickers sweet, I will apply greddy stickers liberally with a dash of sickspeed.

Thanks for info on flashed ecu, got one in a box off a forum member but might not need it. Tear down starts Wednesday for this beast. Might just move gauges etc over to the msp, its got a single pillar gauge for the boost controller or just enjoy the blinking lights lol.

Excited about limitless gains rofl.

Registered Member

02 protege5 ES 5dr

Lol so What gains does one get when the head is in the trunk, and two intakes ( also in trunk) ?

One day I might buy a running car...

~• claps hands at thought •~
    Last edited by horseflesh; 09-11-2017 at 08:52 PM.