My "JDM" 2002 Protege 5/Familia Build

Android 6

:
2014 Mazda 6
Sup!

So here's my 2002 Protg 5. I have been driving this car since 2002, and love it. I went to Japan for a year, and got a lot of goodies for this build, and I'd like to share my build process with you guys.

This will be my daily driver until I get this car registered:

R32 Skyline GT-R!!!!!

Ok, Ok, back to the P5 Build.....

JDM FSZE Engine Swap

Pressure Washing the Mazda Familia Fieldbreak seats I got from my junkyard adventures in Japan!

Mazda RX-8 Steering Wheel Swap!!!!! Yes, everything works!

Seat adjustments on the passenger side! (JDM Driver's seat) USDM Driver's seat has them as well.

More to come..............

Last edited:
Wow so jealous of the interior...did you have to customize the midpipe for the autoexe header to work? Could you post a pic of it if so I need to get mine installed soon. That engine bay is looking quite nice

Wow so jealous of the interior...did you have to customize the midpipe for the autoexe header to work? Could you post a pic of it if so I need to get mine installed soon. That engine bay is looking quite nice

No mod for the midpipe....use the Mazdaspeed Protg pipe, and extend the wires for the 02 sensor. That's it. I used this one:

f3d3_12.JPG

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Congrat's, that interior is real nice. Love the daily ride too.

What ECU you running with the FSZE?

What clockspring you using? And how did you wire up the airbag? P5 has 2 wires and 1 plug, and the RX8 has 4 wires and 2 plugs for the airbag. How did you confirm the airbag actually works or will work when it's required?

Congrat's, that interior is real nice. Love the daily ride too.

What ECU you running with the FSZE?

What clockspring you using? And how did you wire up the airbag? P5 has 2 wires and 1 plug, and the RX8 has 4 wires and 2 plugs for the airbag. How did you confirm the airbag actually works or will work when it's required?

Thanks for the love.

The clock spring is from a late model RX-8. You are correct as far as the wiring for the airbag, but all you need to wire is the primary (yellow plug, not orange). As for the audio controls, you need to wire the 2 wires to an AXXESS SWC. Paddle shifters are wired in parallel to the shifter wires. The airbag light will remain on if done incorrectly, and will not stay on if you do it right. Good luck.

What ecu was used to swap with the ze? How do i obtain one? Your baby is looking fantastic and what I dream to get mine at

Back