My P5

RodP5

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Hey I'm new here and I own a 02 Mazda Protege 5 in sunlight silver 5spd with about 134k miles on it. I love the car and now it's time to make power and I'm in need of help as I want to turbo my protege

Easier to find an MSP and just buy it. There's a lot more than just slapping on the turbo to boosting your P5. If you're set on sticking with the wagon, the easiest way to go about it is to find a wrecked MSP to vulture parts off of.

If money's no object, I'd buy a Garrett GT28R turbo, a haltech ECU and a Quaife differential and go to town!

Last edited:
Easier to find an MSP and just buy it. There's a lot more than just slapping on the turbo to boosting your P5. If you're set on sticking with the wagon, the easiest way to go about it is to find a wrecked MSP to vulture parts off of.

If money's no object, I'd buy a Garrett GT28R turbo, a haltech ECU and a Quaife differential and go to town!

I second this. If you don't want your car down for a few days, and or, want an easy turbo car, get a MSP. Or a Speed3/6. Or a Honda lol.

Been proven many times that these cars are not power-hogs, but fun quick daily cars. There are few Proteges over 300whp, and those guys have dumped some serious $$$ into their motors and transmissions.

BUT, in the end, you can make power to an extent. Just dont expect a race car ;)

Back