How To Wash Your Car

.....a bit of a rant. I try to take time on going through the measures of not scratching the paint when washing, but it all sucks when you see the zombies walking around the parking lot once a week with high performance leaf blowers blowing debris and grit off the parking lot onto people's cars. Here in Atlanta (maybe true elsewhere) these mindless idiots are in the middle of the road blowing crap on passing cars. So as much as I take time to prevent scratching these idiots obviously could careless.

I went through all the steps cleaning my wife's and my CX-5 this past weekend only for her to tell me on Monday evening that one side is filthy again from the landscape crew. Frustrating!

.....a bit of a rant. I try to take time on going through the measures of not scratching the paint when washing, but it all sucks when you see the zombies walking around the parking lot once a week with high performance leaf blowers blowing debris and grit off the parking lot onto people's cars. Here in Atlanta (maybe true elsewhere) these mindless idiots are in the middle of the road blowing crap on passing cars. So as much as I take time to prevent scratching these idiots obviously could careless.

I went through all the steps cleaning my wife's and my CX-5 this past weekend only for her to tell me on Monday evening that one side is filthy again from the landscape crew. Frustrating!

That sounds pretty bad my friend Im not going to lie.

The only thing I can really suggest is to wax your car frequently...

I hear you man. It's hard our here for a pimp...even harder for folks trying to keep their cars clean from other people.

Bump? Lets let more people see this thread. Moderators, can someone please sticky this thread?

I hear you man. It's hard our here for a pimp...even harder for folks trying to keep their cars clean from other people.
Its very difficult to pimp your daily driver. That I have succombed to. It really just get so irritating. However when I got my soul red crystal CX-5, I guess that's a different story. [emoji16] However most of my friendships maintain a Sunday car that they pimp. It's more practical.

Car wash here costs P130 = $2.60 excluding tip. Waxing is P1,100 = $21.

M4 and CX-5

b3d0799ffe0947fd45f2080768ef2ea8.jpg

The swirl-o-matic eh?

This one is pretty upscale. It’s more expensive but they do cyclic preventative maintenance pretty often which means they shut down often. It doesn’t annoy me. I suppose nothing happens that won’t buff out. :shrug:

Bump? Let’s let more people see this thread. Moderators, can someone please sticky this thread?

Why would they sticky a thread that tells you to go to the spray n wash?
Eventually you're gonna pull up right after the guy who used the brush to scrub all the dirty oil from the undercarriage of his '82 F250, then you're gonna wipe his grime all over your paintjob.

How to wash your car:
Hose off the car, fill a bucket with soapy water, lather the car up with a microfiber sponge, rinse it off with a garden hose, dry it with a chamois.
magic.gif

MAGIC

Why would they sticky a thread that tells you to go to the spray n wash?
Eventually you're gonna pull up right after the guy who used the brush to scrub all the dirty oil from the undercarriage of his '82 F250, then you're gonna wipe his grime all over your paintjob.

How to wash your car:
Hose off the car, fill a bucket with soapy water, lather the car up with a microfiber sponge, rinse it off with a garden hose, dry it with a chamois.
magic.gif

MAGIC

Please fully read my first post before commenting.

This one is pretty upscale. It’s more expensive but they do cyclic preventative maintenance pretty often which means they shut down often. It doesn’t annoy me. I suppose nothing happens that won’t buff out. :shrug:

This is true. Would just hate to see swirl marks on a Soul Red!

I fully read your 1st post. Suggesting that everyone go to the spray-n-wash to clean their cars is a recipe for disaster.

I have a feeling you're going to find out the hard way.

At LEAST put the thing on "soap" first and spray down the brush before you start.

I fully read your 1st post. Suggesting that everyone go to the spray-n-wash to clean their cars is a recipe for disaster.

I have a feeling you're going to find out the hard way.

At LEAST put the thing on "soap" first and spray down the brush before you start.

dude, i specifically mentioned NOT to put the brush on your paint, because it is often full of grit and will ruin your clearcoat.

I spray the car down, wipe it with a soapy microfibre and then rinse again with wax.

I wouldnt use the self car wash if I lived in a house. my apartment/condo has no source of water for car washing.

Last edited:
lol not so ninja edit still says to use the brush. All good. Have at it.

read again. it says use the foam brush to spray the soap (which comes out of it) into a bucket.

this does not imply that you should use the brush on your paint.

read again. it says use the foam brush to spray the soap (which comes out of it) into a bucket.

this does not imply that you should use the brush on your paint.

Why not bring a bucket with your own soap and fill it up with the water, wash it down, then rinse off with the thing?

Why not bring a bucket with your own soap and fill it up with the water, wash it down, then rinse off with the thing?

definitely, you could always just do that. if you bring good car soap and a quality wax that does not have any sort of chemicals/abrasives, this is the way to go. otherwise just use whatever the machine offers you as a matter of convenience.

Back