How To Wash Your Car

Ok, wash first, then clay...but then do you wash again after the clay treatment or just hose the car down before you wax? (uhm)

Just clayed my car last night.

I used Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax to clean the paint....then as lubricant to clay. Put a layer of Collinite 845 which is super easy to apply and remove by hand. Smooth as glass paint :)

I've been meaning to try a sealant though to test longevity. I get a good 5-6 months using Collinite 845 for reference.

Thanks! I ordered a bottle from Amazon. Will give it a try this weekend. I'll update here with results.

So I tried Hydro2 lite last night and was very impressed. Just like in the videos, when you spray it on an area with standing water, the water seems to sprint off the surface as if it's being repelled by some unseen force. Its pretty cool to see in action. Also, you don't use very much product, I would guess I'm going to get 8-10 washes out of the one bottle. You really have to be quick though and rinse off not just the area you applied it but the bordering areas as well because of run off.

Never hand dried a vehicle that size before. I'm going to need more towels! I'm thinking about getting one of those blowers that's just designed to blow the water off of the car. Then just do some touchup with a towel.

When all was said and done, the surface was incredibly shiny and water repellent. And it has a strange, very smooth, slippery feel to the touch. Hopefully it lasts as long as they claim!

Back