How To Wash Your Car

Thanks for the tips on the optimum no rinse. I'll need to look into that, it sounds like using the method described by ONR I may be able to say goodbye to water spots for good. It even looks like it works on windows as well!

Well it depends. If your water spots are deep ONR will not work. You need a ploishing compound. ONR works if you use it fast.

What step is the clay bar treatment?
Does one clay first, then wash, wax?
Or wash, clay, wash again, wax?

Wash first. Added benefit is that you can use your wash as lubricant for the clay.
Ok, wash first, then clay...but then do you wash again after the clay treatment or just hose the car down before you wax? (uhm)

Ok, wash first, then clay...but then do you wash again after the clay treatment or just hose the car down before you wax? (uhm)
If you're claying as part of washing then you would rinse and dry as normal after.

If not using wash soap as lubricant than yes you would wash first then clay with the quick detailer spray it comes with. Could wash again after it you wanted to, but the detailer spray buff out with microfiber towel.

I wash with Optimum No Rinse. Wipe it down and remove the debris if any with a MF Towel.
Then I use concentrated ONR solution as Clay Lube (basically to spray before I clay so as to give it some lubrication). After that I clay. Once I am done with an area claying - I will use a polisher or compound to buff out minor scratches. Then I will WAX it.

IF you have a cordless or corded drill - there are pads that can work with it. I have never tried it but you can get from $10 to $40 (Meguiars I think). The pad and drill combo will make buffing / applying wax slightly easier.

Basically you do not need to feel any resistance or any scrub hard - it should flow smooth. If it does not - wash again.

I recommend ONR - because it can be used as QD (quick detailer for a spray and wipe on bird poop etc), Clay Lube and as a wash medium too. All in 1 - single bottle for about $8.

I ordered Ultimate Fast Finish - it has $5 rebate - so its about $10. Will test it soon.

If you never clayed...don't do it on your good car. Practice on something else. You'll thank us later:)

If you never clayed...don't do it on your good car. Practice on something else. You'll thank us later:)

My wife is going to get very suspicious if I clean her car before I clean mine.(nervous) (rofl)

You can do windows with as much pressure you want. On paint you have to be careful. You need constant liquid lubrication and to use low pressure. Let the clay do the work. Don't use force, rather Use the FORCE!!!

63fdfca180e105d57bf02b4009ec5af9.jpg

I spray wax it afterwards and polish it every other month.

Has anyone tried Hydro2? It came up on YouTube when I searched for easy ways to wax your car. Looks like an amazingly easy product to use. Maybe too easy?
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried it or what you think of it.

Has anyone tried Hydro2? It came up on YouTube when I searched for easy ways to wax your car. Looks like an amazingly easy product to use. Maybe too easy?
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried it or what you think of it.

I have Hydro2 lite hanging in the garage right now. It's a pretty awesome product and works very well. The lite is just the premixed version of hydro2. Wash the car and while it's still wet spray the Hydro2 on one panel at a time. Then use a strong jet or stream of water and rinse off. I use my pressure washer with the 40degree tip. Dry as normal and now your car is protected. I haven't used it on my body panels yet but I just did my summer oem wheels with it and it's super easy to use.

I have Hydro2 lite hanging in the garage right now. It's a pretty awesome product and works very well. The lite is just the premixed version of hydro2. Wash the car and while it's still wet spray the Hydro2 on one panel at a time. Then use a strong jet or stream of water and rinse off. I use my pressure washer with the 40degree tip. Dry as normal and now your car is protected. I haven't used it on my body panels yet but I just did my summer oem wheels with it and it's super easy to use.

Thanks! I ordered a bottle from Amazon. Will give it a try this weekend. I'll update here with results.

Back